Help please, is it possible to...

Go to solution Solved by MikahS,

add/change text color from a specific text that is returned by a command...

Example:

$test =  FileGetTime ( @DesktopDir & "test.txt" )

MsgBox(0,"",$test)

in MsgBox I would like to see text in RED.

Regards,

AL

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

• Moderators

AutomateLover,

Or you could use my ExtMsgBox UDF - the link is in my sig. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Use Melba23's >ExtMsgBox UDF

EDIT: Yay for Melba!

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Sorry, I mean't to use MsgBox it was just an "example".

I'll go forward to the point of this topic instead:

im currently using the following code inside some text that to identify a specific file doesn't exists:

$tsname = '<font color="#FF0000">TS-flat.vmdk:  </font>'

then my script will send me a email with the results..

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

instead of having the file name colored only I want the whole line colored.

at the moment i see this result:

TS-flat.vmdk: 1.46 MB / Date of the backup: 2009-09-29 12h 49min 53sec

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

• Moderators

AutomateLover,

I'll go forward to the point of this topic instead

Then why on earth did you not explain what you wanted to do in the OP? Changing goalposts like that in mid-thread is one sure way to get me to drop out. :bye:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Can you post your whole script for us. It will help us instead of just stabbing in the dark.

Please refrain from mocking me JohnOne. Thank you.

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

AutomateLover,

Then why on earth did you not explain what you wanted to do in the OP? Changing goalposts like that in mid-thread is one sure way to get me to drop out. :bye:

M23

Sorry :S I tought any global example could explain it well...

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

well, give me 5-10mins i have to rewrite it to be runnable to everyones.

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

I'm sure just posting the script as is will be good enough ;)

Snips & Scripts

I'm sure just posting the script as is will be good enough ;)

For sure it wont be runnable ;)

526 lines in overall and its targetting vmdk files on usb + nas network drive.

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

So be it. I'm not going to cry ;)

You can always take out the '</font>' and add it after that entire line with concatenation. 

Snips & Scripts

You do not have to post your full script, just a demonstration of the actual problem you are facing.

I didn't, i just answered to mikahS answer.

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Where in that code is it that you want test to be a different colour?

$tsrv2 = $dsrv2[0] & "-" &  $dsrv2[1] & "-" & $dsrv2[2] & '  ' & $dsrv2[3] & "h " & $dsrv2[4] & "min " & $dsrv2[5] & "sec"

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

JohnOne, Line 12

$srvname2 = '<font color="#FF0000">test.txt:  </font>'

Snips & Scripts