Locking Computer

Go to solution Solved by JLogan3o13,

• Moderators
  • Solution

ShellExecute("rundll32.exe", 'user32.dll,LockWorkStation')

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Which I believe uses the same dll (correct me if I'm mistaken, someone who knows)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

You are correct JLogan :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Moderators

Think about what you're asking for, then see below. "To unlock the workstation, the user must log in"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa376875(v=vs.85).aspx

Yes i understand that. What i am trying to accomplish is. I have an autoit script running on my computer that looks for a specific file on a usb stick. so when that usb stick is plugged in if it has that file it will login for me. when i unplug it the computer will lock. i have the script functioning properly when replacing the lock/unlock with a run/process close.

Yes i understand that. What i am trying to accomplish is. I have an autoit script running on my computer that looks for a specific file on a usb stick. so when that usb stick is plugged in if it has that file it will login for me. when i unplug it the computer will lock. i have the script functioning properly when replacing the lock/unlock with a run/process close.

You cannot.

Think about what you're asking for, then see below. "To unlock the workstation, the user must log in"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa376875(v=vs.85).aspx

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

What you're talking about is two-factor authentication - which I doubt you're going to accomplish with an AutoIt script on a USB.

I know what you could do....Have a script running that puts up a splash screen that fills the entire screen. The only way to hide it is to put in your USB stick. WHen the script sees the stick, it hides the splash screen. You remove the stick, it puts the splash screen back.

This is not 100% secure for CTRL-ALT-DEL can close the script but you have to know what your doing.

May I ask however - why not simply use the Windows key +L to lock the workstation when you leave the workstation and then use your password to get back in when you come back. Pretty much everyone else does that and it works great.

• Moderators

Better yet, get a badge with a proximity sensor. All you have to be is within 5 feet.