Test A Program

Hello all!

I am new to autoit and through a you tube video i can now make a very simple and profanity labeled popup. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post or not. I am a new-er network engineer (under 2.5 years) and I have a medical practice who users a EMR (to protect the name of the guilty shall remain nameless). The emr uses sql to clean out logs of who did what in the emr. Well they are really bad at sql or sql is really bad at its job and it doesn't run and clean out the logs and when the logs are full they cannot work and if its not runny the Doctors are not a happy bunch. My thought is to have autoit test EMR and try to do something to a test Patient and if the emr throws up an error it will notify me and "manually" run the sql job. Is this something that auto it would be able to help me with.

Thanks,

The Duke Of Fife

• Moderators

Yes, autoit should be able to assist you with that. I have used it with Epic Systems' EMR, and it seemed to work fine. I would begin with writing out in pseudo-code, step by step, what you would like to accomplish. Then take some time to read through the help file and search the forum to see what others have done that is similar.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!