A noob on its way, Making a map?

Alright, so here i am 3-4 days after starting to learn autoit, and i find it a great tool to be used in database management.

I greatly apriciate all the effort , especialy that which autoit gives!

So my problem: My idea is to create some kind of map (and create it so that it can memorise this map)? It would be like a chessboard,

Every group of coordinates would be in a block right? So we will have for example A1(block A1) A2,A3, but also B2, B3, or C.

So then i would like the program to react on it, for example i want to go from block A2 to- B4.

In order to do this it will do func() (am i wrong on this, should i put something else instead).

Important to know? There will be a point on screen which will always be the point that moves to the blocks, but its position would still stay the same on the screen.

So im sorry im a nub coming here for help with so little to give in return, in example a piece of code as a start.

I know a lil bit of autoit, getting more into it and would like to know ANY way in how to get CLOSER to knowing WHAT TO DO! :D

You put a lot of time and effort into writing that post, so it's only fair that I do the same in a reply.

But I can't think of anything else to say, except for padding the post out a bit.

I could tell you the story about when my nana got a jelly fish stuck to her face, or the time I thought I was dreaming, but it turned out I really was in class without my pants on, but that would be more padding out of the post.

Tell us your endgame, because your description could mean anything.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

in order to go from C1 to A4 it would need to do a function ( and it will go through blocks on its way)

A1 A2 A3 A4

B1 B2 B3 B4

C1 C2 C3 C4

So for example i like to make a script that would do:

Start A1 then do func recdata()

endfunc

Go B2 (how?) then do func Input()

endfunc

Go... etc

Hope i would be more understandable! Thanks

You are talking about drawing to the screen, I do not believe the is any simple beginners way of doing that.

You want to be looking at the _GDIPlus_* functions in the help file really.

Unless of course you create some sort of board on a gui using labels and colour the labels to represent the pieces of each player etc... to get yourself started.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

So i basicly want a map from a .bmp to bitmap? but i dont know if i am tottaly wrong on the bitmap part?! :/

But i was thinking of trying to create a Map (like in chess), and that a movement from one to another block requires commands to be triggerd. How to do so? I was thinking of _GDIPlus_BitmapCloneArea 

in order to go from C1 to A4 it would need to do a function ( and it will go through blocks on its way)

A1 A2 A3 A4

B1 B2 B3 B4

C1 C2 C3 C4

• Moderators

Webcreation,

Just the one thread at a time please - merged. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area