Running the AD snapin

niftyapple

Hello everyone!

I've been searching the heck out of this issue and I just cant seem to find the answer. I will start off with saying sorry for not using the AD UDF by Water, and here's why.

So since my work has been migrating over to alt admin account setups, I have been looking to replace my morning ritual of signing into every program each time I start my machine. I understand most of these can be set using runas and using my alt account. I have already conquered all that, made a quick GUI with spiffy buttons (aid my coworkers to use the fruits of my labor). I add programs to a list and they all startup in an elevated priviledge. All that is all fine until I get to the Active Directory - Users and Computers snapin.

For the life of me, I can't get the runas to boot the AD snapin with admin priviledges whatsoever. When the run as sends, nothing happens - no errors. I have seen passed conversations(from a few years ago) where it was referenced to build your own interface for the AD using the UDF.

My question are: 

• Why re-invent the wheel? The AD snapin is feature full. Everyone knows how to use it. Probably would be better than anything I can build.
  • Autoit is about making your life simpler, why go through another 500 lines of code when maybe 2 or 3 would do the trick?

I'm sure I could shell-execute it to work, but that goes back to step 1: having to manually enter credentials since shellexecute doesnt accept creditials as a parameter.

So, has anyone figured out how to swiftly execute the AD snapin with elevated priviledges of an alt account?

The system I am using is Win7 x64

Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping a thread. This is not a 24-hours-support-foum. If no one knows a solution to your problem then there will be no reply, I fear.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki