AuPad - Notepad in AutoIt ; Updated - Oct 26th, 2015

MikahS

MikahS

_WinAPI_MoveWindow (Example -> >ColorText -> WM_SIZE) - To change the size of the RichEdit.

Thank you for that helpful tip AZJIO :)

EDIT: After researching this for both listviews and richedit. @Melba23 kindly helped me on my journey with this post: >link

I will be uploading a new version with functionality fixes for upper, lower, tab, resizing, fixed recent files, time/date at cursor, and smoother syntax highlighting (if possible) in the next day or two.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

---==== 1.8.0 ====---

- Fixed upper, lower, tab

- Fixed resizing of window and rich edit control

- Fixed recent files (still needs work, as it is adding duplicates and still need to be able to select the path and open the recent file)

- Fixed time/date at cursor position

- Fixed RESH.au3 comment block functionality (added check in Do..While loop & added -1 to Ubound call)

Link to RESH (rich edit syntax highlighting) topic: >link

This was a small update :D

EDIT: working on Au3 syntax highlighting and making more smooth, update out soon.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• 2 months later...

---==== 1.8.2 ====---
- Took out HotkeySets and made GUI accelerator keys (F2 (help), F5 (time/date))
- Fixed Au3 syntax highlighting setting caret position
- Added cancel to New file dialog
- Switched to ASM RESH UDF by Beege (thanks!)
- Added check when Syntax Highlighting to not highlight if there has not been any more user interaction. Cutting down a ton of processing.
- Added check for quotes, due to problem with RESH - It will crash the entire program when trying to syntax highlight an unterminated quote.
- Commented out Addrecent as problems with messageloop and GUI dummy
- F2 was fixed to bring up help instead of about AuPad.

Mostly dealing with syntax highlighting. ^_^

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

Thanks for sharing.

You might be interested in some elements from my >WebPad program, which is not really a Notepad replacement, more a posting or text fixing tool. Don't think I have the latest version uploaded. I've been meaning to make all my stuff available using Bitly and my Google Drive, as I've almost run out of space here at the forum. Need to investigate re-direction links and so forth, for download indication etc.

EDIT

Yep, the available version here, is old (v1.3), I'm up to v2.5 now, which I'm having trouble at the moment accessing on Google Drive. If you want to check it out, wait until I upload this latest version. All fixed.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Thank you for posting that program, as looking through it there is a couple ideas I can use to make this program a bit more cleaner.

I love the idea of putting in code tags for forum posts, as that could help people post easily to forum quickly, then turning around and using the Au3 syntax to then check to see if it looks correct (the ability to compile said script if it is au3 would be pretty cool, which I think I can achieve this using cmd line and Aut2Exe).

Thank you for the ideas TheSaint, I greatly appreciate it. ^_^

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

Added SourceForge link for those who do not want to download from AutoIt forum.

Really did it just so I make a SourceForge project for the first time hehe. ^_^

Snips & Scripts

• 3 weeks later...

---==== 1.8.4 ====---
- added version developed in the about child window
- added tags quote, link, autoit (code). (all thanks for the Idea from The Saint's webpad -
- added GUI Accelerator keys for tags.
- added compiler GUI.
- added ability to compile au3 scripts.
- ability to open aut2exe for more options.

small lil' update while I focus on add recent. :D

Snips & Scripts

---==== 1.8.6 ====---
- fixed tag labels to show gui accelerator keys.
- fixed add recent function.
- ability to open recent files in recent files menu.
- Added text to speech ability (idea from betapad - ?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>)'>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>)
- added menu item for text to speech
- accel key added for text to speech and web search
- added child gui for web search
- fixed tag accelerator keys to ctrl + shft combo.
- added ability to search web using 4 search providers in seperate gui.
- added accelerator keys for web search GUI.
- fixed version number in directives.
- added version history gui.

Snips & Scripts

hi I been keeping an eye on your little notepad and it looking good.

Few things when going to the About box in the help menu, it will also bring up the open file dialog, then you cannot get out of it unless you keep clicking the the close button.

The resizeing of the editor is a bit flakey and will not always resize correct.

Ok now for some ideas for you,

How about iline indent this one I done before and is quite easy the trick is when the enter key is pressed. keep the last line and then count how many spaces there are untill a none space is found, then for your new line append with the number of spaces found.

common bracket support so when you type the char '(' it will auto include the closeing one ')'

.LOG support this one will be easy just check the very first line for uppercase or lowercase .LOG then replace it with date time what ever.

More tags for HTML, you chould use an external file with the tags in like <b></b>,3 were the 3 is you can use that as an insert position for selected text. or you can use something like <b>$sel</b> and replace $sel with selected text.

Option to save text as a formatted html file.

I see you added an option to compile with autoIT how about one for C++, C#

Option to test javascript you can just pipe your text to the javascript or vbscript, cscript.exe I think it is called in windowssystem

You got highlighting for AutoIt, how about other lanuages, you chould use externel include files for each lanuage with there keywords in and color settings.

Web Serach is a nise feature you have, but how about make it so when you highlight a word in your editor, it will then allow you to serach for that word. Will be usfull if you need to get info on a function like StrMid. agian use an external file with your serach engines in something like

[Engines]

Google=https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=$Sel Replace $Sel with your selected text,

anyway if you get stuck with anything give us a call and I can give you some help. I think your editor is very good. I like little custom editors, all I use for plain text is Notepad and your editor, can;t be bothered with bloated editors, I just want an editor with the things I want and use. so keep at it. :)

On Error Resume Pulling Hair Out.

hi I been keeping an eye on your little notepad and it looking good.

Few things when going to the About box in the help menu, it will also bring up the open file dialog, then you cannot get out of it unless you keep clicking the the close button.

Thanks for the kind words DreamVB :D

I got this as well, fixed for next version. :)

The resizeing of the editor is a bit flakey and will not always resize correct.

When does this happen for you? maximize? dragging window?

How about iline indent this one I done before and is quite easy the trick is when the enter key is pressed. keep the last line and then count how many spaces there are untill a none space is found, then for your new line append with the number of spaces found.

So when you enter it indents the next line with a tab?

common bracket support so when you type the char '(' it will auto include the closeing one ')'

.LOG support this one will be easy just check the very first line for uppercase or lowercase .LOG then replace it with date time what ever.

I like the bracket idea a lot, and .LOG support is something I've been thinking about for awhile. :)

More tags for HTML, you chould use an external file with the tags in like <b></b>,3 were the 3 is you can use that as an insert position for selected text. or you can use something like <b>$sel</b> and replace $sel with selected text.

Option to save text as a formatted html file.

I see you added an option to compile with autoIT how about one for C++, C#

Option to test javascript you can just pipe your text to the javascript or vbscript, cscript.exe I think it is called in windowssystem

You got highlighting for AutoIt, how about other lanuages, you chould use externel include files for each lanuage with there keywords in and color settings.

Will think of a way to have many tags, but not feel cluttered. I already do the highlight and insert text between tags for the 3 tags on the program now. :)

Will look at saving formatted html.

Will take a look at the italic ideas once I feel more comfortable.

Web Serach is a nise feature you have, but how about make it so when you highlight a word in your editor, it will then allow you to serach for that word. Will be usfull if you need to get info on a function like StrMid. agian use an external file with your serach engines in something like: Google=https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=$Sel Replace $Sel with your selected text,

Good idea, I also thought about this and will see if I can't integrate the Au3 helpfile for searching as well.

Thanks again for all your ideas DreamVB. ^_^

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

---==== 1.8.8 ====---
- took off $ES_READONLY style on version history edit control.
- fixed view about aupad event. When opening it would call folderpath() in a loop, making it unable to close.

Snips & Scripts

---==== 1.9.0 ====---
- added ability to highlight, then websearch the selected text.
- Took out printing UDF by martin
- Took out x86 force directive. Can now be used as x64.
- ability to open AutoIt helpfile.
- ability to highlight and search the AutoIt helpfile with keyword (works just like the SciTE if you highlight a word and press F1 it will take you to that function).
- changed _guictrlrichedit_setsel() hide sel to false, instead of true, as it would hide the selection after changing the highlighting.
- printing will print to default printer only. Trying to make more portable, which will exclude print dll and library now. Changing of printer is in the works.
- took out debugging code from last version to fix folderpath() loop.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

About dialog box is too small.

You can use my DPI Awarness workarund.

mLipok

edt:

Syntax highlighting for AU3 files should start automatically after loading the file.

edit2:

Search engine dialog:

please add default status for "Search" button.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

-About dialog box is too small. You can use my DPI Awarness workarund.

-Syntax highlighting for AU3 files should start automatically after loading the file.

-Search engine dialog:please add default status for "Search" button.

All great suggestions mLipok (I will look into these for next version, along with PDFCreator), thank you. :)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

You're welcome.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

---==== 1.9.1 ====---
- added default style to web search button. - idea by mLipok.
- deleted the child window for web search on successfully opening IE.
- added abillity to open au3 file and have syntax highlighting start automatically. - idea by mLipok.
- added tooltip to show when syntax highlighting for AutoIt has started or ended.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

• 3 weeks later...
---==== 1.9.2 ====---
- added default style to version history "okay" button (unhighlights edit text).
- added dpi awareness to about AuPad GUI. Thanks to mLipok - '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>
- added context menu with much thanks to Mat -
- state changing for context menu, just like regular menu items.
- events with context menu use GUI accelerators.

Snips & Scripts

• 3 months later...

That's pretty cool! :D

Just a little contribution :P

By replacing the aChild function with the following code, we have a standard About dialog like the notepad (and other Microsoft apps) about dialog (and reduce the function size a lot):

Func aChild()
    DllCall('shell32.dll', 'int', 'ShellAbout', 'hwnd', $pWnd, 'str', "AuPad", 'str', "Just a simple notepad program made completely with AutoIt." & @CRLF & "Author: MikahS", 'ptr', @AutoItExe)
EndFunc   ;==>aChild

Source: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/97776-about-dialog-box/ 

Edited by Jefrey
added source

My stuff

Spoiler

My UDFs  _AuThread multithreading emulation for AutoIt · _ExtInputBox an inputbox with multiple inputs and more features · forceUTF8 fix strings encoding without knowing its original charset · JSONgen JSON generator · _TCPServer UDF multi-client and multi-task (run on background) event-based TCP server easy to do · _TCPClient_UDF multi-server and multi-task (runs on background) event-based TCP client easy to do · ParseURL and ParseStr functions ported from PHP · _CmdLine UDF easily parse command line parameters, keys or flags · AutoPHP Create documents (bills, incomes) from HTML by sending variables/arrays from AutoIt to PHP · (Un)Serialize Convert arrays and data into a storable string (PHP compatible) · RTTL Plays and exports to MP3 Nokia-format monophonic ringtones (for very old cellphones) · I18n library Simple and easy to use localization library · Scripting.Dictionary OOP and OOP-like approach · Buffer/stack limit arrays to N items by removing the last one once the limit is reached · NGBioAPI UDF to work with Nitgen fingerprint readers · Serial/Licensing system require license key based on unique machine ID from your users · HTTP a simple WinHTTP library that allows GET, POST and file uploads · Thread true AutoIt threads (under-dev) · RC4 RC4 encryption compatible with PHP and JS ·  storage.au3 localStorage and sessionStorage for AutoIt Classes _WKHtmlToX uses wkhtmlto* to convert HTML files and webpages into PDF or images (jpg, bmp, gif, png...) Snippets _Word_DocFindReplaceByLongText replace strings using Word UDF with strings longer than 255 characters (MSWord limit) rangeparser parser for printing-like pages interval (e.g.: "1,2,3-5") EnvParser parse strings/paths with environment variables and get full path GUICtrlStaticMarquee static text scrolling Random stuff Super Mario beep sound your ears will hurt

@Jefrey Thank you and for your suggestion as well. It cut back a good amount of code. It has already been integrated. ^_^

EDIT: Once I figure out a couple things with these Rich Edits I will be releasing a new version. 

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts