Hyperlink to a File in a Folder Negates Carriage Return in Email

bmccollum

Go to solution Solved by bmccollum,

I have some code that dynamically builds what's supposed to be 3 separate lines of info. to send via AutoIt in an email.

Local $body = "Plan Ident:  XYZ" & @crlf & @crlf & "Payroll Period:  9/6/2014 - 9/12/2014"  & @crlf & "Data File:  " & "<a href=""x:SomeFile.csv"">x:SomeFile.csv</a>"

If I *don't* include the "href" syntax for making the link to the "x:SomeFile.csv" file hyperlinked in the email, the above lines show correctly in the email as:

Plan Ident:  XYZ

Payroll Period:  9/6/2014 - 9/12/2014

Data File:  x:SomeFile.csv

However, with the "href" used, the @crlf is ignored altogether and my 3 lines of text end up being all strung together in a single line, and it's not very readable:

Plan Ident:  XYZ Payroll Period:  9/6/2014 - 9/12/2014 Data File:  x:SomeFile.csv

Any idea at all as to what adjustment I can make to keep the "x:SomeFile.csv" file hyperlinked in the email plus keep all of the info. on 3 individual lines?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions.

Put them in the email seperately.

Local $body = "Plan Ident:  XYZ" & @crlf & @crlf & "Payroll Period:  9/6/2014 - 9/12/2014"  & @crlf
Local $hLink = "Data File:  " & "<a href=""x:\SomeFile.csv"">x:\SomeFile.csv</a>"

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Or instead of using a @CRLF maybe try an @CR or a @LF.

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Glad you figured it out, and anytime ;)

Snips & Scripts