How to modify certain part of an email template.

Go to solution Solved by MikahS,

Hi,

I currently have a working Script that opens an email templates, insert strings on certain lines, and remove other lines.

It looks like the image below.

But the way I do it is that I send Keys to the CTRLid, so  something like DOWN 6 times, BS 9 times, type this or that string.

It works fine but there is one problem.

If the window of the email template is smaller ( like you can see on the 2nd image ), there is more line, so my script does not work anymore.

So my question is, how can I change certain lines on the email template in a way that it will work whoever or big or small the window is?

o3eo1dk.png

dete3Pm.pngffffd

Post your script so we can have a look ;)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

ControlFocus ( " Secret window name ", " Text ID " , "[CLASS:_WwG; INSTANCE:1]" )
ControlSend( " Secret window name ", " Text ID " , "[CLASS:_WwG; INSTANCE:1]" , "{Down 6}{END}{SHIFTDOWN}{LEFT 8}{SHIFTUP}" )
ControlSend( " Secret window name ", " Text ID " , "[CLASS:_WwG; INSTANCE:1]" , $password )

It can`t really do it because it contains confidential information.

But it goes like that.

Again it only works if the window is maximized.

Or else there is more line, So my "down 6times* does not go the same line as another employe who has a smaller screen resolution. 

Why not just:

ControlGetPos() ; use this to get the current pos of the window
GUICtrlSetPos() ; use this to set the window to a pos

before the ControlFocus and Sends.

EDIT: Then when your script completes you can use the ControlGetPos to set the window back to how it was before you sent.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Solution

Anytime ;)

Snips & Scripts