WinXP Security Policies?

Yes, thats what i currently have installed. But im not sure how to limit the account of what it can and cant do....i have the Admin account....then the Computer admin account..which is what im using. And then i have the account i want to limit programs on, any ideas on how to limit the other account?

What i wish to do is install a program that ive made to turn off his internet at a certain time or what not, and i kno that i can enable it so the other account CANNOT use CTRL + ALT + DEL or open programs that are autorunning in the taskbar.

Does this help alittle bit more?

ALSO I looked up on MSDN and found somthing about MMC, but its MSDN, and i dont understand it ;)

Crome

this is from my *XPClean Menu* > Security tab > User Accounts button

$PID = Run(@ComSpec & " /C START " & "nusrmgr.cpl", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
        Sleep(1000)
        Send("{tab}")
        Send("{ENTER}")

then click an "account to change"

then click "change the account type"

i didn't go past that

but read that screen... and there maybe more set-ups???

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Any Ideas?

Is this on a domain or on WinXP Home Edition? If on a domain, you should have beaucoup control over user activities with security policies. If on XP HE you have very little to none. To check, try to run secpol.msc from your Start>Run prompt...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

This is WinXP Pro that im working with. Im about to try Valuater's idea, Looks good.

Crome

EDIT: Valuater: I have done this...I have created the Limited Account for the one i want to limit, but...it doesn't do exactly what i want

Edited by Crome_BAD

at times when i am out-of-town i have entered locations that have internet access. when on those types of computers they have a program that will control access. i have ran autoit fine... but at times it gives a message that i do not have approval for that action... so maybe you can find one of these programs....

other than that... i am out of ideas.. maybe someone else here could shine some light

good luck

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

EDIT: Valuater: I have done this...I have created the Limited Account for the one i want to limit, but...it doesn't do exactly what i want

Can you just remove "execute" permissions for this user/group on the folders that you are concerned with? Or on the entire drive? After creating the user, right click on the folder/files you need to lock up and, under properties>security choose that user and remove the checkmark from "Read & Execute"...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format