Opening a PDF and printing it to XPS (saving to a location)

bcallahan

Hello,

I searched the forums for something like this and while I was able to find this one post: 

It mentions Deathbringer's code being the one that works, but I don't see his code (or a post by him) anywhere on that thread? Maybe I'm blind.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is open a PDF in a network drive, print it to XPS and overwrite another file in a different network drive. It's something that we do daily, so I'm all for automating it to forget about it.

Hoping someone knows where I can grab Deathbringer's code if it worked for that last guy, or if anyone has some example scripts that would point me in the right direction to accomplish this that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

It wouldn't be very hard to install a pdf printer - bullzip pdf printer is free and it works well. Configure some keystrokes and mouseclicks to get the job done. Does this need to be done in a console or can the script take over the mouse at a certain time of the day?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

It wouldn't be very hard to install a pdf printer - bullzip pdf printer is free and it works well. Configure some keystrokes and mouseclicks to get the job done. Does this need to be done in a console or can the script take over the mouse at a certain time of the day?

I'm not sure I really need a pdf printer -- I already have NitroPDF and that prints to XPS fine. The original document is a PDF, the final product needs to be an XPS to write over the existing XPS. If it needs to use the mouse that is not a problem.