Automatic lyrics grabber for mp3 music v0.5

mvk25

Hi :bye:

I wanted to share with you guys this automatic lyric snippet grabber that uses mainly LyricWiki API to get lyrics for you music. It can also identify your untagged music by the song's unique acoustic fingerprint using the AcoustID database and API. Additionally it will write the lyrics snippets and any missing artist and title ID3 tags to the mp3 files.

This script will only get you a small part of the full lyrics for each song. This is because the LyricWiki API only returns part of the lyrics due to licensing restrictions. In order to view the full lyrics you have to click the "View full lyrics" button which will take you the lyric.wikia song page with the full lyrics.

It *might* be possible to allows this script to fetch the whole lyrics if I show the mobile version of the lyric.wikia lyrics page inside a web panel in the script (source: link). But I have no experience with the IE commands in autoit so I won't be working on that any time soon. That's it, hope you like what you see :)

Screenshot

sclyrictagslim.rev1.png

Credits

LyricWiki API

AcoustID API + fpcalc tool
>GUIFrame by Melba
>ID3 by joeyb1275
>JSMN by Ward
WinHttp by trancexx and ProgAndy
Silk icons by famfamfam
Linecons by Designmodo
Others included in source files

Download

here

Edited by mvk25
Link removed

• Moderators

mvk25,

Just want to check if okay by the moderators

But you just post the whole thing for anyone to download anyway? Very sensible - and just what will get the Moderation team to look at it in depth. :rolleyes:

And what do we find in the wikia Terms of Use:

With the exception of accessing RSS feeds and our API in accordance with the Service’s policies applicable to such access, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission

So I take it you have such permission. Once you have PMed me a copy I will reopen the thread and you can repost the download URL. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

mvk25,

Following our PM exchange I am reopening the thread with the proviso that the app only displays the "fair usage" part of the lyrics as defined in the LyricWiki API licensing restrictions. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area