SciTE Config not saving changes on Windows 8

EKY32

Hello,

I updated SciTE tools to the latest version but I did not like the new color scheme, and the SciTE Config program is not saving the changes to the SciTEUser file for a reason I don't know, maybe security issue on the system drive.

How can I get the previous color scheme or fix the configuration program problem?

Thank you.

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Please mark the answer of your question if you found it.[/font]

• Developers

Can you manually update sciteuser.properties?

What is the location of sciteuser.properties?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hello Jos, I think I got what I want now.

Before upgrading to the new version, the sciteuser.properties was in my Windows User Profile folder, but now it is in:

C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEsciteuser.properties

I copied the file contents of:

C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTESciTEConfigSciTE4AutoIt3.SciTEConfig

to the sciteuser.properties and I got the old color scheme I like.

But the SciTE Config program still can't make changes to that file, and I installed my Windows few days ago so I did not make any security changes to AutoIt folder.

Thank you.

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Please mark the answer of your question if you found it.[/font]

• Developers

Did you install with the installer or manually with the zip file?

All utilities look for an env variable called SCITE_USERHOME and when that is missing will assume a portable installation of SciTE.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

So have you checked the environment variable?

Did you use the installer under then same username?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yes I did, the configuration directory is AppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE

And I used the installer normally on the same user account.

Windows version is: 8.1 Update 1.

Edited by EKY32

• Developers

Can you show me the top lines with information when doing an f5 from the scite output pane so i can check if there is anything that is wrong?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yeah sir for sure.

Here you go:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\AutoIt3\My Workstation\FB Sharer\fb.au3" /UserParams    
+>00:29:27 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\EKY32\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\EKY32\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:D:\AutoIt3\My Workstation\FB Sharer\fb.au3
+>00:29:29 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\AutoIt3\My Workstation\FB Sharer\fb.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
+>00:29:32 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>00:29:32 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 6.073

• Developers

All looks fine so far so don't understand yet what is going wrong.

Hello Jos, I think I got what I want now.

Before upgrading to the new version, the sciteuser.properties was in my Windows User Profile folder, but now it is in:

C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEsciteuser.properties

I copied the file contents of:

C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTESciTEConfigSciTE4AutoIt3.SciTEConfig

to the sciteuser.properties and I got the old color scheme I like.

But the SciTE Config program still can't make changes to that file, and I installed my Windows few days ago so I did not make any security changes to AutoIt folder.

Thank you.

This post is still confusing to me.

Could you tell me which sciteuser.properties is opened by SciTE when you open in via the Menu: option/Open User Options File?

SciTEConfig should open the SciTEUser.properties from the SCITE_USERHOME location as well. Have you verified this by check if it should the correct options now active like the colorscheme?

One more question: Could you check in your recyclebin whether that contains SciTEUSer.Propertiees files and from which directory they were? SciTEConfig will recycle the file before updating so that should give an indication about what SciTEConfig is doing.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

OK sir, after restarting my system, the changes I made to the file SciTEUser.properties in C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE are not useful anymore, it was going fine with the color scheme i change from that location, but now no, I opened SciTEUser.properties from the editor menu and it opened the file in SCITE_USERHOME directory, I made the changes I need there and that worked so fine, but for now.. I still can not see any changes I do to SciTE Config app, and my Recycle Bin is disabled, and nothing there.

I think that is because some (DEFAULT) security reasons in the system folders, the system asks for permissions to update files there, so as you know we can avoid that by running the applications as ADMINISTRATOR... but the strange thing i'm facing here is that when I try to run SciteConfig as administrator I get an error: "SciteConfig ending because SciTE.exe not found" :shifty:

Sorry.

Edited by EKY32

• 6 months later...

I think that is because some (DEFAULT) security reasons in the system folders, the system asks for permissions to update files there, so as you know we can avoid that by running the applications as ADMINISTRATOR... but the strange thing i'm facing here is that when I try to run SciteConfig as administrator I get an error: "SciteConfig ending because SciTE.exe not found" :shifty:

Sorry.

sorry for replying here but i recently faced the same problem 

i just copied sciteconfig.exe to scite root folter (C:program filesautoit3scite) and everything was ok