Can I get data from balloon tip ?

taydoc2008

Neat program. I assume you are running a specific app inside this emulator? What I'm getting at is I'm trying to understand exactly what you are trying to do. I know you want to get the data from a balloon tip. What I'm trying to find out is there may be a better way to do what you have in mind. For example you may be running a testing setup and need to track things in the emulator. Thanks.

Look at the _GUIToolTip functions in the help file and see if any of those will do what you're looking to do.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 3 years later...

I think you are all are not understanding the question.

The question is how to GET the text that shows in a balloon when you hover over something. Autoit window information can not tell you anything about this new "Window" because you cant make it "Active". As soon as you move to the balloon, it disappears.

TRayTip CREATES a tool tip, it doesnt GET one.

So, How do you GET a balloon tip???

Edited by AutoitMike
forgot something

I think tooltips have a handle or something.  The problem I see is a BlueStacks tooltip is likely to be coded differently then a typical Windows tooltip, rendering the normal AutoIt way of anything useless.  I don't know though.  A screenshot might help me understand.

EDIT: I just read there is no GUI.  Hmm can you Windows Info Tool the balloon tip like Kyan suggested?

You could store all the handles Windows sees before the tip and compare to a list of handles Windows sees while the tooltip is up.

Edited by Xandy

You can try using _GUIToolTip_GetText, the second example might be a good start. If it doesn't work, then there might not be a standard Windows tooltip being displayed.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

9 hours ago, AutoitMike said:

I think you are all are not understanding the question.

The question is how to GET the text that shows in a balloon when you hover over something. Autoit window information can not tell you anything about this new "Window" because you cant make it "Active". As soon as you move to the balloon, it disappears.

TRayTip CREATES a tool tip, it doesnt GET one.

So, How do you GET a balloon tip???

Thats because you provide not a lot of information in your first post.

You seem to be on an android emulator and as such you will get not much initially when you read FAQ 31 see link below from simplespy, inspect or au3inf.

Most likely you have to get much more thru the android debugger and have to switch to other tools like  UIAutomator Viewer  or Appium inspector 

Catching events under windows from an android emulator i doubt if thats possible without deeply hooking into an emulator. (and then over here is not the correct forum) like https://github.com/android/platform_external_qemu but if you understand this part then you probably would not have had your initial question.

• Maybe a screenshot of what you try to catch?