Print to Word or Excel to a printer that the user specifies...

fafafoooey

Hello, rookie scripter here.  I am trying to create a script that opens a document, prints the doc, then closes Word/Excel.  I have the open and close part no problem.  I am trying to come up with a way to have the user enter in the printserverprintername info when the script is launched so that the document will print to the user's printer.  I was able to print to the default printer, but have tried to accept parameters, but no luck so far.

Here is what I have created so far.

Thanks for any help and input.

Word2MBPrint.au3

Have a look at

_WinAPI_PrintDlg()

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Hi MikahS, thanks for the reply.  

I tried using the sample code and it seems that it just brings up the normal gui print dialog.  I was trying to see if I could use something that could be passed into the script via the command line like,

Word2MBPrint.exe printerservernameprintername

Thanks in advance for any help.

Do something like this:

Local $iBox = InputBox("Set printer", "\\printerservername\printername")
MsgBox(0, "", $con) ; just to show you the input the user has entered;; example

Once the user has entered this information in you can then set the print function as so;

_Word_DocPrint($oWord, Default, Default, Default, Default, $iBox)
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ