Function to compare arrays

dromenox

What's wrong on my function to compare two arrays?

Func _ArrayIsEqual($array1, $array2)

If Not IsArray($array1) Then Return False
   If Not IsArray($array2) Then Return False

$iSizeA = UBound($array1)
   $iSizeB = UBound($array2)

If $iSizeA = $iSizeB Then
      For $i = 0 To $iSizeA - 1 Step 1
         If $array1[$i] <> $array2[$i] Then Return False
      Next
   Else
      Return False
   EndIf
   Return True

EndFunc
Sometimes this error happens: 

Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded .:

I do not know if the error is in the function or where I am using this function, but I did a check on the function not to have problems.

Edited by dromenox

Remember that the value returned by UBound() is one greater than the index of an array's last element.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

My apologies, but this line will fail if they are not the same and throw that error

If $array1[$i] <> $array2[$i] Then Return False

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

If they are not the same: 

If $iSizeA = $iSizeB Then

Then you have not provided enough information for us, please give the full error, as the error message will give the line number. :)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

• Moderators

dromenox,

An obvious missing check is that the 2 arrays are both 1D - if you try to read an element of a 2D array with 1D syntax you get the "incorrect number of subscripts " error. So first off I would add a couple of further lines to check the number of dimensions and the size of an eventual second one:

If UBound($array1, 0) <> UBound($array2, 0) Then Return False ; Not both 1D/2D
If UBound($array1, 2) <> UBound($array2, 2) Then Return False ; Not the same size in 2nd dimention (1D arrays return 0)
Then when you check the contents you will need to have separate checks for 1D and 2D arrays - you need different syntax for each as I explained above. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area