Drivesacn

rakudave

(not a great tool, but i'm posting it anyway...)

drivescan creates a listview of all drives + additional infos and can empty the recycle-bins

i decided not to make it auto-refreshing, 'cause the floppydrive keeps making noises...

I tried it and it works for me.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

(not a great tool, but i'm posting it anyway...)

drivescan creates a listview of all drives + additional infos and can empty the recycle-bins

i decided not to make it auto-refreshing, 'cause the floppydrive keeps making noises...

rakudave, nice simple script. I was thinking of doing a drive space script to add to a project I am working on now I see how it can be done.. Thanks..

Cheers.. ;)

you're welcome... :P

rakudave, I took it upon myself to try and put you you did into a function. I finally got it work not I will pretty it up a bit before posting.. I also added some other information that I found from a different post and inserted it into your code. It was fun getting different people code into one script. :mad2:

I would like you to take a look at it and let me know what you think..

Will post in a day or so..

Cheers.. ;)

Here's one I did 4 months ago, might want to look at.

Gary

Edit: DriveExplorer.zip is done with the new GUICtrlRegisterListViewSort function, also added icons to drive column.

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/gafrost/projects/DriveExplorer.au3

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/gafrost/projects/DRIVE01.ICO

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/gafrost/projects/DriveExplorer.zip

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Here's one I did 4 months ago, might want to look at.

Gary

qafrost, I was wondering where I got some of that code from. If you look I had clipped some of your code and put it into the function. When I saved your orignal code I did not tag who I got it from. Now I know.. I wil update the comments in the fuction..

Your code lives on.. ;)

Cheers.. :P

qafrost, I was wondering where I got some of that code from. If you look I had clipped some of your code and put it into the function. When I saved your orignal code I did not tag who I got it from. Now I know.. I wil update the comments in the fuction..

Your code lives on.. ;)

Cheers.. :P

Yeah, after I dug that one up, it gave me an Idea, that works with out having to access the drives directly, I added to a project I started the other day at work.

When I get done with the project, I plan on trimming out anything that has to do with the location i'm at and posting it here.

Currently it:

1: gets the list of pc's online on domain and populates a listview

2: selectin a pc in the list populates 4 other listview

A: Software that can be removed via msiexec command silently and remotely (right click, select uninstall)

B: List of PID, process names, and paths, and (right click, select kill) remote process

C: List of Logged on users

D: Drive information (Drive Letter, type, size, free space, format type i.e ntfs), right clicking on drive can explore remote drive

That's all that's in it at this time.

Gary

Edited by gafrost

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Yeah, after I dug that one up, it gave me an Idea, that works with out having to access the drives directly, I added to a project I started the other day at work.

When I get done with the project, I plan on trimming out anything that has to do with the location i'm at and posting it here.

Currently it:

1: gets the list of pc's online on domain and populates a listview

2: selectin a pc in the list populates 4 other listview

A: Software that can be removed via msiexec command silently and remotely (right click, select uninstall)

B: List of PID, process names, and paths, and (right click, select kill) remote process

C: List of Logged on users

D: Drive information (Drive Letter, type, size, free space, format type i.e ntfs), right clicking on drive can explore remote drive

That's all that's in it at this time.

Gary

Mr Wizard at it again.... i will look forward to see that... thinking in terms of my Time station

8)

NEWHeader1.png

@qafrost, nice bunch of tools all in one package.

What I am working on is a Image File Management program. This program is used to manage a set of folders where data images are stored on any given hard disk. There are many options I am working on currently. But, I was looking for a way to list drive data as well as other information. I will be posting it once I get to a beta point.

My main idea was to simpify your script into a compact struct so it would be more portable. But sometimes it's a bit tricky to make functions out of entire scripts.

But I will be interesting to see what your program looks like.. *grin* Gi'me Gi'me! :P

Cheers.. ;)

@gafrost: I'd like to see your script as well, for i am trying to do the same.

How are you doing it cause i still use an ini-file where the computers store their information every x seconds and i think, that there must be a better way (maybe 1 without a prog running on the others pcs)

@gafrost: I'd like to see your script as well, for i am trying to do the same.

How are you doing it cause i still use an ini-file where the computers store their information every x seconds and i think, that there must be a better way (maybe 1 without a prog running on the others pcs)

Using the beta, and using wmi you can get the information needed from the remote machine.