Trigger Element Event "click"

Krmat

Hi all,

I'm struggling to trigger an element event (click) without do click on itself. This page (http://api.jquery.com/click/ - "Demo part") is an example of a " click " event that I'm not been able to use trigger/fireEvent/dispatchEvent.

I could use the $oElement.click() or _IEAction($oElement , "click"), but then i would be simulating a click. I'm just trying to trigger the event bounded to the "click" listener.

Anyone can help me?

Code example do the page above:

Local $oIE = _IEAttach ("", "instance", 1)
Local $oFrames = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 0)
Local $oBody = _IETagNameGetCollection($oFrames, "body", 0)
Local $oElement = _IETagNameGetCollection($oFrames, "p", 0)
$oElement.trigger('click') ;Not Working - Already tryed "onclick"
$oElement.fireEvent('click') ;Not Working - Already tryed "onclick"
$oElement.dispatchEvent('click') ;Not Working - Already tryed "onclick"

Thanks in advance.

This seems to work:

_IEAction($oElement, "click")

Yes it does work, this action simulate a click and trigger the event 'click' bound to the element, but, i'm trying to trigger the event direct, without using $oElement.click() <==>_IEAction($oElement , "click").

When the events (onmousedown -onmouseup - onlick) is inside the tags, i'm able to use trigger/fireEvent/dispatchEvent to manipulate them, but in this case it's not.

Have any ideia how i can do that ?

Sorry... I missed that in your original post. Can you explain why you need to trigger the event directly rather than through the element's click method?

i have a auto fill form that has a java button that opens another another form. Sometimes the page does not load completely (not well written i guess), and this button sometimes get disabled and sometimes you click on it and nothing happens, but i always can see the "click" event in the element. So i'm trying to trigger the event without clicking on it. Usually when the event it's inside the element tag (onmousedown - onmouseup - click - etc) i can manipulate it, in this case it's not, and i'm not able do trigger it.