Comment Lines In .exe Files ?

Ok Jon,

I ask you this question because i don't find how to decompile .exe to au3 ????

does Exe2au3 exist ?

Wolf

Not as of yet ...

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

It's so far at the end of the list of priorites that it may never happen - always something more important and useful to code :whistle:

Jon, if it's any more encouragement to NOT write it, it is extremely easy to create a function or something to make a script support decompiling just by using FileInstall. Also, I'm working on an Au3 Interpreter which will sit between scripts and the compiler to do a few neat things, one of which is allow the script to be set up for decompiling.

It uses special comments near the top of the scripts to offer decompile, icon, output file, and password stuff. Plus it will have a nice little feature (For the developers especially) that allows you to tell the script that it should be run or compiled through an alternate AutoIt.

I get just as many emails now saying "I've lost my script AND my password" as I did before I wrote the original decompiler. :angry:

I can buy a hard drive failure or some other reason like that for losing the script file. But I just hate it when I see somebody say, "I deleted my script file but still have the exe, when is there going to be an Au3Decompiler?". B) The fun I would have if I deleted all my source after I built a decent working executable (Any language). :whistle:

It's so far at the end of the list of priorites that it may never happen - always something more important and useful to code :whistle:

I agree. B)

But I just hate it when I see somebody say, "I deleted my script file but still have the exe, when is there going to be an Au3Decompiler?".  The fun I would have if I deleted all my source after I built a decent working executable (Any language). 

Me 2.

• Administrators

I can buy a hard drive failure or some other reason like that for losing the script file.  But I just hate it when I see somebody say, "I deleted my script file but still have the exe, when is there going to be an Au3Decompiler?".  B) The fun I would have if I deleted all my source after I built a decent working executable (Any language).  :whistle:

Oh no! I've deleted the AutoIt source LOL

Just FileInstall the source code into the exe, requiring a password to pull it out. That way (as long as you don't forget the password) you can always get the script back.

heh, I have same pass everywhere... How can anyone forget a password? :whistle:

:iamstupid: