Monitor txt file for words then send alert mail

Hello dear friends,

I hope that you can help me to complete a script in order to monitor a txt file for some wrods and if exists it will send a mail.

I've used this script but i think that i've made some errors on it. So help please

#include <INet.au3>
$TextFileName = "C:UsersX2ZDesktopyoussefAdentechSurvey_Monitor_Close_Control_130Survey Monitor Close Control 1.30Log.txt"
$s_SmtpServer = "smtp server"
$s_FromName = "my name"
$s_Password = "my pass"
$s_FromAddress = "my email"
$s_ToAddress = "email client"
$s_Subject = "subject"
Dim $as_Body[2]
$as_Body[0] = "Alert"
$as_Body[1] = "Defaut"
; First we read the text file
$Log = FileRead($TextFileName)
; Put the contents into an array
$pageArray = StringSplit($Log, @CRLF)
; Now go through the array and look for the word failure if its found send and email
For $i = 1 To $pageArray[0]
If StringInStr($pageArray[$i], $findtext) Then $Response = _INetSmtpMail ($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @computername, -1)

I hope to know too which field i must change

Thank you all

Best regards

Where are you having troubles in your script? It could be do to with the @ComputerName param which could have to be "EHLO " & @ComputerName. But using MsgBox's to find errors in your script is going to be invaluable for finding out what the error you are having is. ;)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

If you think you have made an error how do you know?

Do you get an error? Wrong result? Anything else ...?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hello dear friend

First i thank you really for your quick reply, i have an error message when running the script and this it :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzzea_qkHks2eHREdXJfY3Vxa00/view?usp=sharing

For your remarque about the error type, i would specify it like  "error in heat" or something like that it will be specific word

Thank you again

Where are you having troubles in your script? It could be do to with the @ComputerName param which could have to be "EHLO " & @ComputerName. But using MsgBox's to find errors in your script is going to be invaluable for finding out what the error you are having is. ;)

Hello dear friend

First i thank you really for your quick reply, i have an error message when running the script and this it :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzzea_qkHks2eHREdXJfY3Vxa00/view?usp=sharing

For your remarque about the error type, i would specify it like  "error in heat" or something like that it will be specific word

Thank you again

Hello

My error message is :

Line 18 (File "C:Users_X2Z.............)
If StringInStr($pageArray[$i], $findtext) Then $Response =
_INetSmtpMail ($s_smtpserver, $s_FromName, $s_FromAdress,
$s_ToAdress, $s_Subject, $as_body, @computername, -1)

Error: "For" statement has no matching "Next" statement

The error message says it all: There is no "Next" statement.

Please have a look at the help file for "For/next" and you will see what I mean.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The error message says it all: There is no "Next" statement.

Please have a look at the help file for "For/next" and you will see what I mean.

Thank you Mr Water for your reply,

First i'm a beginner in AutoIt scripts, and if i understand, it's a condition, i must make a "next"  after the "for"  or i change the "then" by "next"

please help and really sorry for disturbing.

Best regards

Something like

If StringInStr($pageArray[$i], $findtext) Then $Response = _INetSmtpMail ($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @computername, -1)
Next ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< here

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

ramoyous,

Post your script / reproducer or we are just guessing.

kylomas

Thank you for your replay,

#include <INet.au3>
$TextFileName = "C:\Users\X2Z\Desktop\Survey Monitor Close Control 1.30\Log.txt"
$s_SmtpServer = "server mail"
$s_FromName = ""
$s_Password = ""
$s_FromAddress = ""
$s_ToAddress = ""
$s_Subject = ""
Dim $as_Body[2]
$as_Body[0] = "Alert"
$as_Body[1] = "Defaut"
; Now go through the array and look for the word failure if its found send and email
If StringInStr($pageArray[$i], $findtext) Then $Response = _INetSmtpMail ($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @computername, -1) Next

look up ;)

Snips & Scripts

look up ;)

:bye:   Thank you cool brain, i've seen it, but really I'm in a labyrinth, i've seen also the help about "For...in...Next"  but i think the "next" must be followed by something, that i don't know to put.

And sorry again to disturbing you

"Next" needs to be in the next line. So your code should like like:

#include <INet.au3>
$TextFileName = "C:\Users\X2Z\Desktop\Survey Monitor Close Control 1.30\Log.txt"
$s_FromName = ""
$s_Password = ""
$s_FromAddress = ""
$s_ToAddress = ""
$s_Subject = ""
Dim $as_Body[2]
$as_Body[0] = "Alert"
$as_Body[1] = "Defaut"
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:bye:   Thank you cool brain, i've seen it, but really I'm in a labyrinth, i've seen also the help about "For...in...Next"  but i think the "next" must be followed by something, that i don't know to put.

And sorry again to disturbing you

You are more then fine, I am here to help :)

"Next" needs to be in the next line. So your code should like like:

#include <INet.au3>
$s_FromName = ""
$s_Password = ""
$s_FromAddress = ""
$s_ToAddress = ""
$s_Subject = ""
Dim $as_Body[2]
$as_Body[0] = "Alert"
$as_Body[1] = "Defaut"
Next

As you can see Water has shown you this is a true solution to your problem, that is if it is your only problem ;)

Snips & Scripts

Thank you all

Mr Water, after adding the "next" variable  the error message has been changed to :

ERROR : Variable used without being declared

And really i don't know what can i put after it, sorry for my poor knowledge

And i want to inform you all that i have one 1 poste left on my account until the 08/10/2014.

So thank you all for your help and i'm waiting to solve my problem

Best regards

Then you need to replace the missing variable with the text you are looking for. I take it from your script that you are looking for "failure":

#include <INet.au3>
$s_FromName = ""
$s_Password = ""
$s_FromAddress = ""
$s_ToAddress = ""
$s_Subject = ""
Dim $as_Body[2]
$as_Body[0] = "Alert"
$as_Body[1] = "Defaut"
    If StringInStr($pageArray[$i], "failure") Then $Response = _INetSmtpMail($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ComputerName, -1)
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Then you need to replace the missing variable with the text you are looking for. I take it from your script that you are looking for "failure":

#include <INet.au3>
$s_FromName = ""
$s_Password = ""
$s_FromAddress = ""
$s_ToAddress = ""
$s_Subject = ""
Dim $as_Body[2]
$as_Body[0] = "Alert"
$as_Body[1] = "Defaut"
    If StringInStr($pageArray[$i], "failure") Then $Response = _INetSmtpMail($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, @ComputerName, -1)
Next

Thanks Mr Water again,

after the change you made, and when i run the script, there is no more error message but it's not working, now i have no post to use to answear you. if it's not a problem i'm asking you to send me your mail, if not , i will be here tomorrow, to poste my results

Finally I thank you all for your help, your wisdom, your time and for sharing your knowledge

Best regards

It would be helpful if you could post an example of your text file (including a line with the text you search for).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki