hi yes looking to make a script having issue first script

Hi yes, looking to make a script for example to add to domain, but copy a text file then paste it in for computer name but delete the text.

In long im going to make the whole script to add to domain, but when it gets to pc name open a text copy that text and delete.Since there is gona be a bunch of lines in there then paste it into where the pc name is once thats done then the next computer the script runs on it will copy the next text line in the word file since the script deleted the one it copied.

As of right now im looking to do just a copy and paste word script right now. Im having issues with just creating this function any help would be appreciated. Currently im writing this since we work on 20+ comps a day and adding them to the domain constantly is a pain would be easier to knock that out so we can do more a day. :)

As of right now i dont have anything solid yet since im just starting on it i was just looking for some pointers or lines that can point me in the right direction for making a script to open the text file copying then pasting to "Blank destination" maybe another text file for testing purposes for right now.

Edited by nschmidt

• Moderators

nschmidt,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums. :)

You have punctuation and newline keys on your keyboard - please use them when you retype the above so it is at least readable. :wacko:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Post the script you're having trouble with after you retype the above :D

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Sorry i was in a rush and talking to others at the time of writing that i edited as much as i could for the time being. >.> kinda in a rush trying to get something figured out to free some time for the team to work on other stuff.

Edited by nschmidt

some functions you can look at

FileOpen
FileRead
FileWrite
FileClose
GUICtrlSetData
; these are just some of the functions you'll be looking at..
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ