join 2 ie windows into 1 with 2 tabs

I have no idea how to do this, or where to start.

I have a script that launches my local intranet website, logs me in, then I minimize it

I then launch another script that launches our company's Symantec Endpoint manager logs me in, ( I do my normal checking to make sure no computers have any virus..ect ect)

from there I have 2 windows of ie open, and what I do is I grab the tab of one window, and drag it to the other instance of the other window so I only have 1 ie window with 2 tabs.

my question is, or is it possible to join the 2 windows into 1 with 2 tabs?

Why not just open a new tab and navigate to the desired page and close the other window?

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Moving a window with one tab will automatically close that window and open it in the other window under a new tab.

EDIT: Essentially opening the tab moved in the new window -> Then, closing the old window.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

If I'm not mistaken your competence is not an issue here, as you have created two scripts to open these windows. Just modify one (probably the symantic one) to open a new tab and navigate to the page that you login and minimize. Then, that should alleviate having two scripts and you'll only need to run one :)

When you try to do this definitely come back and post problems you are having with a reproducer script ;)

Snips & Scripts

i used to do this a couple years ago, and on purpose, separated the single script into 2 scripts.

reason why, because sometimes the intranet was down, or Symantec was down,  and cause a mess with my script....ect ect

so i just have two now

Use a HotKeySet to set a key to call each function to open them individually. That way if one function fails, the entire script won't fail and you'll be able to still use the hotkey to run the other function.

If symantec is down, just check the title to see if the window has been opened already, if it hasn't then open it and navigate to the other page.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts