Excel Custom Ribbon Automation

Hi,

I'm brand new here but have been tasked with a project to automate an excel add in for a web based application. We have a custom ribbon which allows for upload and retrieval of information from the web application with valid credentials. This also allows for the excel columns to be manipulated for the data needed.

Basically put, what we want to do is to be able to click the custom ribbon, click through the ribbon pop ups, write to the excel cells, and upload or retrieve data from the web application. We also are looking for the ability to write pass/fail status results after each test case automation.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this, what programming language would be needed, etc. I've been able to use the recorder to automate some of the tasks but we are looking for actual code which is more reliable and not workstation specific.

I have attached some screenshots of what the ribbon looks like.

I welcome any suggestions/help that can be offered.

Thank you in advance :)

post-87641-0-94284400-1412884479_thumb.p

post-87641-0-43145600-1412884488_thumb.p

are you wanting to automate doing all this clicking and data sending?

If this is the case and you are working with Internet Explorer, you can simply use the IE commands in IE.au3 to control the elements etc.

Have a look in the Autoit help file under _IE

Facepalm - He is working with Excel. Did you not read the title? Yes, the addon communicates with the Internet however he is working in Excel.

Edited by DarthCookieMonster

As you are working with commandbars, you should be able to automate this. What I may suggest is not use AutoIt and use Excel VBA to do it. That way you can simply run the macro inside Excel and get what you need done. Just use the macro recorder to get the basics then clean up the VBA script so it does what you need.