ID3 Tags?

Ive done some searching, and it looks like there havent been many recent things on id3 tag editing for autoit. I either need to figure out how to do such a thing with autoit, or find a really good id3 tag editor. I just got a new job where i literally stand in one place for 12 hours. I am allowed to listen to music, so i bought an ipod. I already had a few audiobooks on my computer, but now im hitting a problem. Say it has 50 chapters. The chapters will play like this:

1, 10, 11, 12, ... 18, 19, 2, 20, 21 ... 28, 29, 3, 30, 31... and so on.

this is quite annoying. Also, say i have a folder of a certain artist. Everybody i have gotten the songs from has added their own little flair to the id3 tags, so i end up with 20 different albums/artists for 20 different songs. I want it all to be just one thing, and it would be really nice if i could make or have an id3 tag editor that would just go through and change the, say, artist id3 tag field to the name of the folder that the song is in.

Is there any hope of adding id3 tag editing functionality into autoit?

Is there any hope of adding id3 tag editing functionality into autoit?

Here's a link to a vbs document to extract the ID tag info from mp3 files. Perhaps someone with cross-technology knowledge can do some magic? vbs to read id tags Edited by jefhal
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Try this:

http://www.id3lib.org/

It is free and there is a COM wrapper available from the website that you can use with the beta AutoIt.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

that would be awesome if i knew what com wrapper meant. lol.

i catch on quick though using examples. anybody able to give me just one quick example of how i would say, change the album text on an mp3? im sure i could figure out the rest from there. thanks btw, hopefully this works out!

• 1 year later...

Hi All, Sorry to drag this one up from the past, but I found a solution,

Doesn't involve AutoIT, but it does work.

I too am an audio book addict, so it's vital to get the tracks in the

right order.

Using CDEX to rip the CDs to MP3s, there is an option to add an offset to the

track number. (so all the tracks accross multiple CDs have consequtive track numbers)

Also, it's possible to name the files using this track id.

>> options >> settings >> Filenames

%1\%2\%1-%2-%3

%1=artist

%2=album

%3=trackid

So, As you have the original CDs (you didn't of course download anything, did you?) you can recreate

the MP3s with fully correct ID3 tags & filenames. :-)

The AutoIt help file should be interrogated.The Editor should be SciTe.The forums should have been searched.

• 2 months later...

I am working on an Autoit solution to this. I have an ID3 version 1 and 2 Tag reader and I'm working on a tag writer for this. I will post the UDF and an example script under example scripts once I get enough posts to become a full member.

• 10 months later...

anything that can do the writer part? I'm having to do it by hand. I have one audio book that has 380 files to it. I've searched a good bit, and I can't find what I need. I'm looking for something that I can write the ID3 tags, and put them in sequence. If someone had a way to write to the ID3 via command line, I could make a script to do the rest.

• 1 month later...

There is a commandline tool available which will do that:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/squell/id3.html

For change of album title in ID3v1-Tag
ShellExecuteWait(@ScriptDir & "id3.exe", "-1 -l TestalbumV1 " & """" & $Filename & """", @ScriptDir, "open", @SW_HIDE)
; For change of album title in ID3v2-Tag
ShellExecuteWait(@ScriptDir & "id3.exe", "-2 -l TestalbumV2 " & """" & $Filename & """", @ScriptDir, "open", @SW_HIDE)