Problems with internet explorer--revised

Dear Autoit Community,

Thank you for your suggestion to submit the code that I was having difficulty with.

Below is a simple program that I have written that logs into a website and opens up the default login page. So far, so good.

#include <IE.au3>
; declaring website name
Global $ieObj=_IECreate("http://www.***********"")

;will enter the username--from html of webstite
Local $username=_IEGetObjByName($ieObj,"login")
_IEFormElementSetValue($username,"*******")

;will enter the password-from html of website
Local $Password=_IEGetObjByName($ieObj,"password")
_IEFormElementSetValue($Password,"*******")

; will click the login button-from html of website
Local $button=_IEGetObjByName($ieObj,"button") *from html of website
_IEAction($button,"click")

This now opens up the default login page of the website that obviously I cannot access directly without the above code.

How do I know tell autoit that I now want to manipulate the default login page? eg to search for text, or accept keystrokes etc

I have experimented with WinActivate and the AutoitInfo tool but with no success.

I would certainly appreciate your help.

Kind Regards

Greg

Have a look at the IE UDF helpfile and look through the functions. You'll be able to use _IEAction to Perform any of a set of simple actions on the Browser or _IEFormElementGetCollection to Return a collection object variable representing all Form Elements within a given Form.

Take some time to read through these functions and use the ones that fit your need. If you have any troubles with trying to do what you need, post back here and tell us what you have tried. :D

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ