Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

How to Find if Link is HTTP or other protocol ?

So lets say I have the link : "autoitscript.com/forum/"

How can I find if its HTTP or HTTPS secured or maybe other protocol ? I would prefer via the _IE UDFs if possible... :sweating:

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Rickname

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Yes, but this gives all the links which some are HTTP and others are HTTPS. How can I find the state for my specific link ?

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Check if the fifth letter is an s.

Is this a real question.

Omg dude, Ive said I don't have the FULL link, only the stub of it ! :ermm:

If I would had the FULL link ofcourse I wouldn't ask this, pls read carefully o:)

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Snips & Scripts

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

:) This method doesn't work as I said, if you try this example, I mean with the "autoitscript.com" link, this link WON'T APPEAR in the listed links ! So even if I search for it, it will find nothing !  :

; Open browser with basic example, get link collection,
; loop through items and display the associated link URL references

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate( "autoitscript.com" )
Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
Local $iNumLinks = @extended

Local $sTxt = $iNumLinks & " links found" & @CRLF & @CRLF
For $oLink In $oLinks
    $sTxt &= $oLink.href & @CRLF
Next
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Link Info", $sTxt)

Omg dude, Ive said I don't have the FULL link, only the stub of it ! :ermm:

If I would had the FULL link ofcourse I wouldn't ask this, pls read carefully o:)

What you say in your own head is no good to the forum.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Ok so I open hidden IE window running the stub link, and I will read the address bar with the AutoIt methods... seems it would do the job..

But I can't also find if its http or https from the source code of the page ?

Use the .protocol object method on the internet explorer object created in your hidden IE window. Just like you got the .href you want the protocol of the object.

Snips & Scripts

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mLipok
      This UDF was created for give any kind of support for GDPR solutions in AutoIt.

#include "GDPR.au3" #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=Y #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7 #Tidy_Parameters=/sort_funcs /reel ; #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode=Y _Example() Func _Example() _GDPR_Crypter_Wrapper(_Example_Crypter) Local $sText = 'AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.' MsgBox(0, @ScriptLineNumber, _GDPR_Anonymize_String($sText)) Local $dCrypted = _GDPR_Crypt_String($sText) MsgBox(0, @ScriptLineNumber, $dCrypted & @CRLF & @error & @CRLF & @extended) Local $sDecrypted = _GDPR_DeCrypt_AsString($dCrypted) MsgBox(0, @ScriptLineNumber, $sDecrypted & @CRLF & @error & @CRLF & @extended) _GDPR_Crypt_File(@ScriptFullPath, @ScriptFullPath & '.CRYPTED') If @error Then ConsoleWrite('! ---> @error=' & @error & ' @extended=' & @extended & ' : _GDPR_Crypt_File' & @CRLF) _GDPR_DeCrypt_File(@ScriptFullPath & '.CRYPTED', @ScriptFullPath & '.DECRYPTED.au3') If @error Then ConsoleWrite('! ---> @error=' & @error & ' @extended=' & @extended & ' : _GDPR_DeCrypt_File' & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>_Example Func _Example_Crypter($dBinaryData, $bDataAlreadyEncrypted) _Crypt_Startup() ; Start the Crypt library. Local $dResult If $bDataAlreadyEncrypted Then $dResult = _Crypt_DecryptData($dBinaryData, 'securepassword', $CALG_3DES) ; Decrypt the data using the generic password string. The return value is a binary string. Else $dResult = _Crypt_EncryptData($dBinaryData, 'securepassword', $CALG_3DES) ; Encrypt the text with the new cryptographic key. EndIf _Crypt_Shutdown() ; Shutdown the Crypt library. Return $dResult EndFunc ;==>_Example_Crypter  
      Download link:

WIKI:
      This UDF was added here:  https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/User_Defined_Functions

• By mLipok
      This UDF was created to facilitate the saving and reading of email configuration.
      Thanks to @water, @jchd, @Jos for helping in translation of _EmailConfig_GUI_Preset_**()
      Hope to have _EmailConfig_GUI_Preset_ES() version soon.

If you want to create your national version of _EmailConfig_GUI_Preset_**() please do not hesitate ... contribute.
      _EmailConfig_GUI_Preset_EN() is translated by me and Google Translator (from my national Polish language), so if you have any fix for this please do not hesitate ... contribute.

The EmailConfig_Example_STMP_Mailer.au3   is using modified version of Jos SMTP Mailer UDF

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=Y #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7 #Tidy_Parameters=/sort_funcs /reel #include <Array.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #include <Crypt.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include "EmailConfig.au3" #include "GDPR.au3" ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/files/file/509-gdpr/ Global $oMyRet[2] #Region - EXAMPLE _MY_EXAMPLE__EmailConfig() Func _MY_EXAMPLE__EmailConfig() _GDPR_Crypter_Wrapper(_EmailConfig_ExampleCrypter) _EmailConfig_GUI_Preset_EN() ;~ _EmailConfig_GUI_Preset_DE() ;~ _EmailConfig_GUI_Preset_FR() ;~ _EmailConfig_GUI_Preset_NL() ;~ _EmailConfig_GUI_Preset_PL() _EmailConfig_SaveWrapper(_EmailConfig_SaveToINI) _EmailConfig_LoadWrapper(_EmailConfig_LoadFromINI) _EmailConfig_LoadWrapper() If $IDYES = MsgBox($MB_YESNO + $MB_TOPMOST + $MB_ICONQUESTION + $MB_DEFBUTTON1, 'Question #' & @ScriptLineNumber, _ 'Do you want to set email configuration ?') Then _EmailConfig_ShowGUI() EndIf Local $s_ToAddress = 'whereisyourdestination@your.email.com' Local $s_Subject = 'Testing email sending : ' & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & ' ' & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC Local $s_Body = 'This is only a test' Local $s_Attachments = '' _SMTP_SendEmail_Example($s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $s_Body, $s_Attachments) EndFunc ;==>_MY_EXAMPLE__EmailConfig Func _EmailConfig_ExampleCrypter($dBinaryData, $bDataAlreadyEncrypted) _Crypt_Startup() ; Start the Crypt library. Local $dResult If $bDataAlreadyEncrypted Then $dResult = _Crypt_DecryptData($dBinaryData, 'securepassword', $CALG_AES_256) ; Decrypt the data using the generic password string. The return value is a binary string. Else $dResult = _Crypt_EncryptData($dBinaryData, 'securepassword', $CALG_AES_256) ; Encrypt the text with the new cryptographic key. EndIf _Crypt_Shutdown() ; Shutdown the Crypt library. Return $dResult EndFunc ;==>_EmailConfig_ExampleCrypter #EndRegion - EXAMPLE ; ; The UDF Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Importance = "Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0, $tls = 0) Local $oCOM_Error_Handler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") #forceref $oCOM_Error_Handler Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>' $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress Local $i_Error = 0 #forceref $i_Error Local $i_Error_desciption = "" #forceref $i_Error_desciption If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body Else $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF EndIf If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";") For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0] $S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x]) ;~ ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug : $S_Files2Attach[$x] = ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @LF) ;### Debug Console If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then ConsoleWrite('+> File attachment added: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF) $objEmail.AddAttachment($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Else ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF) SetError(1) Return 0 EndIf Next EndIf $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer If Number($IPPort) = 0 Then $IPPort = 25 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort ; Authenticated SMTP If $s_Username <> "" Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password EndIf ; Set security params If $ssl Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True If $tls Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendtls") = True ; Update settings $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update ; Set Email Importance Switch $s_Importance Case "High" $objEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "High" Case "Normal" $objEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Normal" Case "Low" $objEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Low" EndSwitch $objEmail.Fields.Update ; Sent the Message $objEmail.Send If @error Then SetError(2) Return $oMyRet[1] EndIf $objEmail = "" EndFunc ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom Func _SMTP_SendEmail_Example($s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $s_Body, $s_Attachments) #Tidy_ILC_Pos=120 Local $aEMAIL_CONFIG = __EmailConfig__API() Local $SmtpServer = $aEMAIL_CONFIG[$EMAIL_CONFIG__22__SMTP_SERVER_NAME][$EMAIL_CONFIG__COL3_SAVELOAD_VALUE] ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED Local $FromName = $aEMAIL_CONFIG[$EMAIL_CONFIG__02__COMMON_NAME][$EMAIL_CONFIG__COL3_SAVELOAD_VALUE] ; name from who the email was sent Local $FromAddress = $aEMAIL_CONFIG[$EMAIL_CONFIG__03__EMAIL_ADDRESS][$EMAIL_CONFIG__COL3_SAVELOAD_VALUE] ; address from where the mail should come Local $ToAddress = $s_ToAddress ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED Local $Subject = $s_Subject ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be Local $Body = $s_Body ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail Local $AttachFiles = $s_Attachments ; the file(s) you want to attach seperated with a ; (Semicolon) - leave blank if not needed Local $CcAddress = "" ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed Local $BccAddress = "" ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed Local $Importance = "Normal" ; Send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low" Local $Username = $aEMAIL_CONFIG[$EMAIL_CONFIG__20__SMTP_USER_NAME][$EMAIL_CONFIG__COL3_SAVELOAD_VALUE] ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED Local $Password = $aEMAIL_CONFIG[$EMAIL_CONFIG__21__SMTP_PASSWORD][$EMAIL_CONFIG__COL3_SAVELOAD_VALUE] ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED Local $IPPort = $aEMAIL_CONFIG[$EMAIL_CONFIG__23__SMTP_PORT_NUMBER][$EMAIL_CONFIG__COL3_SAVELOAD_VALUE] ; port used for sending the mail ; in many country port 25 is not recomended, in such case use 587 instead Local $ssl = 0 ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS Local $tls = 0 ; enables/disables TLS when required ;~ Local $IPPort = 465 ; GMAIL port used for sending the mail ;~ Local $ssl = 1 ; GMAIL enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS Local $rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $AttachFiles, $CcAddress, $BccAddress, $Importance, $Username, $Password, $IPPort, $ssl, $tls) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Error sending email", "Error code: " & @error & @CRLF & "Description: " & $rc) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_SMTP_SendEmail_Example ; ; ; Com Error Handler Func MyErrFunc(ByRef $oMyError) Local $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8) $oMyRet[0] = $HexNumber $oMyRet[1] = StringStripWS($oMyError.description, 3) ConsoleWrite("### COM Error ! Number: " & $HexNumber & " ScriptLine: " & $oMyError.scriptline & " Description:" & $oMyRet[1] & @LF) SetError(1) ; something to check for when this function returns Return EndFunc ;==>MyErrFunc  

EmailConfig.au3 EmailConfig_Example_STMP_Mailer.au3
    • By mLipok
      This UDF was created for give any kind of support for GDPR solutions in AutoIt.

• By Danyfirex
      Hello!!!  
      In the past I had problems adding an application as a default for an extension in Windows 10. (It was easy in windows 7 using Registry) But since Windows 8 It requires to do some steps more. I wrote a tool (in other programming language) months ago for handling it. But now I just want to share an AutoIt version.

Check on GitHub.

Saludos
    • By tarretarretarre
      About AutoIt-API-WS
      AutoIt-API-WS is a light weight web server with expressive syntax, with the sole purpose of wrapping your existing AutoIt app with little to no effort.
      With AutoIt-API-WS you can send and receive data between any application or framework, as long they can handle HTTP requests, which is an industry standard today.
      Like my other communcations UDF AutoIt-Socket-IO AutoIt-API-WS is heavily inspired from the big boys, but this time its Laravel and Ruby on Rails.
      Features Highlights
      No external or internal dependencies required RESTful mindset when designed Expressive syntax Small codebase Heavy use of Michelsofts Dictionary object Limitations
      Not complient with any RFC, so something important could be missing. Time will tell! One persons slow loris attack will kill the process forever. Example of implemetnation (With screenshots)
      This is a basic cRud operation with the RESTful mindset in use.
      #include "API.au3" #include <Array.au3> _API_MGR_SetName("My APP DB adapter") _API_MGR_SetVer("1.0 BETA") _API_MGR_SetDescription("This adapter allows you to get this n that") _API_MGR_Init(3000) _API_MGR_ROUTER_GET('/users', CB_GetUsers, 'string sortBy', 'Get all users, sortBy can be either asc or desc. asc is default') _API_MGR_ROUTER_GET('/users/{id}', CB_GetUsersById, 'int id*', 'Get user by id') While _API_MGR_ROUTER_HANDLE() WEnd Func DB_GetUsers() Local $userA = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary") Local $userB = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary") $userA.add('id', 1) $userA.add('name', 'TarreTarreTarre') $userA.add('age', 27) $userB.add('id', 2) $userB.add('name', @UserName) $userB.add('age', 22) Local $aRet = [$userA, $userB] Return $aRet EndFunc Func CB_GetUsers(Const $oRequest) Local $aUsers = DB_GetUsers() If $oRequest.exists('sortBy') Then Switch $oRequest.item('sortBy') Case Default Case 'asc' Case 'desc' _ArrayReverse($aUsers) EndSwitch EndIf Return $aUsers EndFunc Func CB_GetUsersById(Const $oRequest) Local Const $aUsers = DB_GetUsers() Local $foundUser = Null For $i = 0 To UBound($aUsers) -1 Local $curUser = $aUsers[$i] If $curUser.item('id') == $oRequest.item('#id') Then $foundUser = $curUser ExitLoop EndIf Next If Not IsObj($foundUser) Then Return _API_RES_NotFound(StringFormat("Could not find user with ID %d", $oRequest.item('#id'))) EndIf return $foundUser EndFunc When you visit http://localhost:3000 you are greeted with this pleasent view that will show you all your registred routes and some extra info you have provided.

When you visit http://localhost:3000/users the UDF will return the array of objects as Json

And here is an example of http://localhost:3000/users/1

More examples can be found here

(NEWEST 2020-09-21)
      Autoit-API-WS-1.0.3-beta.zip
      OLD VERSIONS
      Autoit-API-WS-1.0.0-beta.zip Autoit-API-WS-1.0.1-beta.zip