Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

How to Find if Link is HTTP or other protocol ?

So lets say I have the link : "autoitscript.com/forum/"

How can I find if its HTTP or HTTPS secured or maybe other protocol ? I would prefer via the _IE UDFs if possible... :sweating:

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Rickname

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Yes, but this gives all the links which some are HTTP and others are HTTPS. How can I find the state for my specific link ?

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Check if the fifth letter is an s.

Is this a real question.

Omg dude, Ive said I don't have the FULL link, only the stub of it ! :ermm:

If I would had the FULL link ofcourse I wouldn't ask this, pls read carefully o:)

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Snips & Scripts

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

:) This method doesn't work as I said, if you try this example, I mean with the "autoitscript.com" link, this link WON'T APPEAR in the listed links ! So even if I search for it, it will find nothing !  :

; Open browser with basic example, get link collection,
; loop through items and display the associated link URL references

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate( "autoitscript.com" )
Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
Local $iNumLinks = @extended

Local $sTxt = $iNumLinks & " links found" & @CRLF & @CRLF
For $oLink In $oLinks
    $sTxt &= $oLink.href & @CRLF
Next
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Link Info", $sTxt)

Omg dude, Ive said I don't have the FULL link, only the stub of it ! :ermm:

If I would had the FULL link ofcourse I wouldn't ask this, pls read carefully o:)

What you say in your own head is no good to the forum.

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Ok so I open hidden IE window running the stub link, and I will read the address bar with the AutoIt methods... seems it would do the job..

But I can't also find if its http or https from the source code of the page ?

Use the .protocol object method on the internet explorer object created in your hidden IE window. Just like you got the .href you want the protocol of the object.

Snips & Scripts

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Stormgrade
      Hello,
      I'm searching the UDF GDIpProgress.au3 from ProgAndy
      None of the links in topic
       works
      Can't someone upload it please ?
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs
      please i want to use the WinHttp to get the google drive file title using the api
      i searched in the forom but i didn't found any Google drive api UDF
      for that i liked to ask you for that
      i had read the google drive api documentation but i couldn't do it
      please help me
      here is the api doc
      note i've got the apikey and i have the file id
      what i want is to get the title of the file (the file name)
      because i want to download the files from the google drive using the autoit
      please help me for that
      am sorry because i didn't gave you any example or what i tried but all what tried was  failed
      thanks in advance
    • By ozymandius257
      This is probably a very simple question (I hope!)
      I'm looking to use a UDF to access a SQL database, and have found ADO.au3, but I can't seem to work out how to use it.
      I've copied the files ado.au3 and ado_constants.au3 into the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include, then opened SciTe and started a new project.
      But when I type #include<AD - I don't get offered ADO.au3.
      (I know I should be using the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\UserInclude, but when it didn't work from there, I tried the above).
      What am I doing wrong?

• By BetaLeaf
      What is Rollbar?
      Rollbar provides real-time error alerting & debugging tools for developers. Learn more about it at https://rollbar.com/product/
      Demo: https://rollbar.com/demo/demo/
      Screenshot:
      Instructions: (RollbarTest.au3)
      ; Include RollbarSDK #include "RollbarSDK.au3" ;Turns on ConsoleWrite debugging override. ;Global $Rollbar_Debug=False ; Initialize RollbarSDK with the project's API key. ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sToken - [Required] Go to https://rollbar.com/<User>/<ProjectName>/settings/access_tokens/ for your project. Use the token for post_server_item. _Rollbar_Init("eaa8464a4082eeabd9454465b8f0c0af") ; Write code that causes an error you want to catch, then call ; _Rollbar_Send ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sErrorLevel - [Required] Must be one of the following values: Debug, Info, Warning, Error, Critical. ; $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_Send("Debug", "This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_Send("Warning", "This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_Send("Error", "This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_Send("Critical", "This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") _Rollbar_Send("Info", "This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!") ;No Message ; Rollbar_Send's helper functions ; Parameters ....: $__Rollbar_sMessage - [Required] The message to be sent. This should contain any useful debugging info that will help you debug. ; $__Rollbar_sMessageSummary - [Optional] A string that will be used as the title of the Item occurrences will be grouped into. Max length 255 characters. If omitted, Rollbar will determine this on the backend. _Rollbar_SendDebug("This is an debug message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Debug Message") _Rollbar_SendInfo("This is a test message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Info Message") _Rollbar_SendWarning("This is an warning message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Warning Message") _Rollbar_SendError("This is an error message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Error Message") _Rollbar_SendCritical("This is an critical message. If you received this, you were successful!", "Critical Message") ; Usable Example Local $sImportantFile = "C:\NOTAREALFILE_1234554321.txt" Switch FileExists($sImportantFile) Case True MsgBox(0, "Example Script", "An important file was found. Continuing...") Case Else _Rollbar_SendCritical('An important file was missing. Halting... File: "' & $sImportantFile & '"', 'Important file "' & $sImportantFile & '" is missing.') EndSwitch Notes: Please comment your feedback, advice, & suggestions below. While this is only a proof of concept, I will expand its feature set for everyone to use. 
      Right now, it is fully functional but not tested in production.

Changelog:
      RollbarSDK.au3
      RollbarTest.au3
      v0.2

v0.1.1

• By robertcollier4
      Choose a directory of link files to replace substring paths.
      Also gives you a full display (text) of your LNK files.

#include <Array.au3> #include <_RecFileListToArray.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #Include <GUIEdit.au3> Local $dirToSearchDefault = @ProgramsCommonDir ; Local $dirToSearchDefault = "D:\testdir" Local $dirToSearch = InputBox("Select directory", "In which directory are your LNK files?", $dirToSearchDefault, "", 520, 320) If $dirToSearch = "" Then Exit EndIf Local $listFiles = _RecFileListToArray($dirToSearchDefault, "*", 1, 1, 0, 2) If (Not IsArray($listFiles)) and (@Error=1) Then MsgBox (0,"","No files found in search path, exiting") Exit EndIf ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ;Displaying list of Link LNK in GUI Editbox Local $ThisTodisplayList = "LNK Files Found In: " & $dirToSearch & @CRLF & @CRLF $ThisTodisplayList &= "========================" & @CRLF Local $ThisTodisplayDrive = "", $ThisTodisplayDir = "", $ThisTodisplayFilename = "", $ThisTodisplayExtension = "" For $i = 1 To $listFiles[0] Local $listFilesPathSplit = _PathSplit($listFiles[$i], $ThisTodisplayDrive, $ThisTodisplayDir, $ThisTodisplayFilename, $ThisTodisplayExtension) If(StringCompare(".lnk", $ThisTodisplayExtension, 2) == 0) Then ;Local $ThisTodisplayLNK = f$listFiles[$i] Local $thisToDisplayLNKArray = FileGetShortcut($listFiles[$i]) If(NOT @error) Then If($thisToDisplayLNKArray[0] <> "") Then ;_ArrayDisplay($thisToDisplayLNKArray) ;$ThisTodisplayLNKtarget = $thisToDisplayLNKArray[0] ;$ThisTodisplayLNKargs = $thisToDisplayLNKArray[2] ;$ThisTodisplayLNKworkingdir = $thisToDisplayLNKArray[1] $ThisTodisplayList &= "LNK: " & $ThisTodisplayDrive & $ThisTodisplayDir & $ThisTodisplayFilename & $ThisTodisplayExtension & @CRLF $ThisTodisplayList &= "Target: " & $thisToDisplayLNKArray[0] & " " & $thisToDisplayLNKArray[2] & @CRLF $ThisTodisplayList &= "Workingdir:" & $thisToDisplayLNKArray[1] & @CRLF $ThisTodisplayList &= @CRLF $ThisTodisplayList &= "========================" & @CRLF EndIf EndIf EndIf Next ; _ArrayDisplay($listFiles, "$aFileList") $GuiTodisplay = GUICreate("Summary of LNK Files Found In: " & $dirToSearch, 1152, 864) ; Local $idTreeview = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(6, 6, 1152, 1046, BitOR($TVS_HASBUTTONS, $TVS_HASLINES, $TVS_LINESATROOT, $TVS_DISABLEDRAGDROP, $TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS), $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $hEdit = GUICtrlCreateEdit($ThisTodisplayList, 4, 4, 1144, 772, BitOr($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_EDIT, $ES_READONLY)) $hButtonContinue = GUICtrlCreateButton("Continue", 4, 776, 1144, 80) GUICtrlSetState($hButtonContinue ,$GUI_DEFBUTTON) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GuiDelete($GuiTodisplay) ExitLoop Case $hButtonContinue GuiDelete($GuiTodisplay) ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd ;Displaying list of Link LNK in GUI Editbox ;--------------------------------------------------------------- $modalSimulMode = MsgBox (3, "Simulated mode?" ,"Would you like to perform this substring replacement of link files in simulated mode? In simulated mode you will see what would have happened in a file named" & @CRLF & "LNKSubstringReplacer Results.txt" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "but no changes will be made" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Yes - simulated mode, no changes will be made" & @CRLF & "No - resaving mode, changes will be made") If $modalSimulMode = 2 Then Exit ElseIf $modalSimulMode = 6 Then $saveAgain = False ElseIf $modalSimulMode = 7 Then $saveAgain = True ElseIf MsgBox(0, "ERROR", "Error with asking simulated mode, exiting") EndIf Local $StrToSearch = InputBox("Specify substring to search for", "What substring would you like to be replaced for link target and link working directory?", "", "", 520, 320) ; If $StrToSearch = "" Then ; allow empty input in case just want to resave and fix all links If @error = 1 Then Exit EndIf Local $StrToReplace = InputBox("Specify substring to replace with", "All occurrences of" & @CRLF & $StrToSearch & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Contained in links in the directory " & @CRLF & $dirToSearch & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Should be replaced with what?", $StrToSearch, "", 520, 320) ; If $StrToSearch = "" Then ; allow empty input in case just want to resave and fix all links If @error = 1 Then Exit EndIf ; Processing ; Write simulated results to a text file $dateNow = @YEAR & "-" & @MON & "-" & @MDAY & "_" & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC $fileLnkPath = @ScriptDir & "\" & $dateNow & " LNKSubstringReplacer Results.txt" FileDelete($fileLnkPath) Local $fileTextList = FileOpen($fileLnkPath, $FO_APPEND) If $fileTextList = -1 Then MsgBox(0, $fileLnkPath, "FileOpen Error, exiting") Exit EndIf FileWrite($fileTextList, "---------------------------------------" & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, "Link file to scan" & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, "Link target" & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, "Link working directory" & @CRLF) Local $thisExtension = "" Local $sDrive = "", $sDir = "", $ThisTodisplayLNKFilename = "" For $i = 1 To $listFiles[0] ; Only do LNK extension Local $listFilesPathSplit = _PathSplit($listFiles[$i], $sDrive, $sDir, $ThisTodisplayLNKFilename, $thisExtension) ; MsgBox(0, $i, $listFiles[$i] & " , " & $thisExtension) If(StringCompare(".lnk", $thisExtension, 2) == 0) Then ; If(NOT StringCompare(".lnk", $thisExtension, 2)) Then Local $thislnkArray = FileGetShortcut($listFiles[$i]) If(NOT @error) Then If($thislnkArray[0] <> "") Then ; _ArrayDisplay($lnkArray) If( StringInStr($thislnkArray[0], $StrToSearch) Or StringInStr($thislnkArray[2], $StrToSearch) Or StringInStr($thislnkArray[1], $StrToSearch) ) Then FileWrite($fileTextList, @CRLF & "---------------------------------------" & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $listFiles[$i] & @CRLF) ; FileWrite($fileTextList, $thislnkArray[0] & @CRLF) ; FileWrite($fileTextList, $thislnkArray[2] & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $thislnkArray[0] & $thislnkArray[2] & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $thislnkArray[1] & @CRLF) ; Allow empty $StrToSearch or empty $strToReplace just to fix and resave all links If( ($StrToSearch = "") OR ($StrToReplace = "") ) Then $newLinkTarget = RemoveSurrQuotes($thislnkArray[0]) $newLinkTargetArgs = $thislnkArray[2] $newLinkWorkingDir = RemoveSurrQuotes($thislnkArray[1]) Else $newLinkTarget = RemoveSurrQuotes(StringReplace($thislnkArray[0], $StrToSearch, $StrToReplace)) $newLinkTargetArgs = StringReplace($thislnkArray[2], $StrToSearch, $StrToReplace) $newLinkWorkingDir = RemoveSurrQuotes(StringReplace($thislnkArray[1], $StrToSearch, $StrToReplace)) EndIf ; Remove ending backslash from working dir While (StringRight($newLinkWorkingDir, 1) = "\") $newLinkWorkingDir = StringTrimRight($newLinkWorkingDir, 1) WEnd If($saveAgain) Then FileWrite($fileTextList, @CRLF & "found " & @CRLF & "Resaved:" & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $listFiles[$i] & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $newLinkTarget & " " & $newLinkTargetArgs & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $newLinkWorkingDir & @CRLF) $saveResult = FileCreateShortcut( _ $newLinkTarget, _ $listFiles[$i], _ $newLinkWorkingDir, _ $newLinkTargetArgs, _ $thislnkArray[3], _ $thislnkArray[4], _ "", _ $thislnkArray[5], _ $thislnkArray[6] _ ) If(NOT $saveResult) Then FileWrite($fileTextList, "ERROR Unable to resave: " & $listFiles[$i] & @CRLF) EndIf Else FileWrite($fileTextList, @CRLF & "found " & @CRLF & "Simulated Resave:" & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $listFiles[$i] & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $newLinkTarget & " " & $newLinkTargetArgs & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $newLinkWorkingDir & @CRLF) EndIf EndIf Else FileWrite($fileTextList, @CRLF & "---------------------------------------" & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $listFiles[$i] & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, "Found empty link target, skipping " & @CRLF) EndIf Else FileWrite($fileTextList, @CRLF & "---------------------------------------" & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, $listFiles[$i] & @CRLF) FileWrite($fileTextList, "FileGetShortcut Error, skipping " & @CRLF) Exit EndIf ;Else ; FileWrite($fileTextList, @CRLF & "---------------------------------------" & @CRLF) ; FileWrite($fileTextList, $listFiles[$i] & @CRLF) ; FileWrite($fileTextList, "Skipping not a link file" & @CRLF) EndIf Next FileClose($fileTextList) MsgBox (64,"Done - Check Log for details","Done - Check Log for details of what was done:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & $fileLnkPath) ;--------------------------------------------------------------- Func RemoveSurrQuotes($myString) Return StringReplace($myString, '"', '') EndFunc ;---------------------------------------  

LNKSubstringReplacer.au3 _RecFileListToArray.au3