Applications running in Citrix

Hi everyone.

I am new to AutoIt and scripting so apologies if this question is obvious.

I want to use AutoIt to automate a rather mundane process of clicking, copying and pasting but think I might have a problem.

The process I want to automate is in an application that sits on a remote Citrix server. When I use the Window Info tool to find out about the application it does not seem to recognise it. All it comes up with is Title: (Remote) & Class: RAIL_WINDOW.

So my question is, will I be able to use AutoIt to Automate an application that sits on a remote Citrix server?

If yes, how so, when Window Info does not supply any details?

Thank for reading.

Regards

Nik

I'm pretty sure all it is doing is giving you the window info of the remote window. You'll probably need to connect, then put the script on this remote computer and it will function. You'll need to be able to get title/class/hwnd and control ids of this application on the remote server. You'll probably need to do this on the remote server, and not on your local computer.

Hopefully that explains it a little bit better. Because all the window info tool will find when putting in anywhere on the remote window is most likely a bitmap as that is the image of the computer your connected to.

Also, have a look at this thread: >link

It might help explain.

EDIT: Also, welcome to the AutoIt forum! :D

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

I'm pretty sure all it is doing is giving you the window info of the remote window. You'll probably need to connect, then put the script on this remote computer and it will function. You'll need to be able to get title/class/hwnd and control ids of this application on the remote server. You'll probably need to do this on the remote server, and not on your local computer.

Hopefully that explains it a little bit better. Because all the window info tool will find when putting in anywhere on the remote window is most likely a bitmap as that is the image of the computer your connected to.

Also, have a look at this thread: >link

It might help explain.

EDIT: Also, welcome to the AutoIt forum! :D

Thank you MikhaS.

That is kind of what I thought.

With regard to putting the script on the remote server, do you mean install AutoIt on there and work inside that remote connection, or do you mean write a script locally, place it in a folder on the same server and execute it there?

Will the script run if AutoIt is not installed on that server?

The Citrix server is run by a third party. There is probably no chance they will allow me to do either of the above, but I will ask.

Many thanks

Nik

Anytime ;)

I mean write the script locally and then place it on the server and execute it there. If you compile the script before you put it on the server (*.exe) it will run standalone. :)

Let us know what they say. :D

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Will do ;-)

Many thanks :-0

My pleasure! ^_^

Snips & Scripts