AutoIt.Error

Hello,

I am trying to use the AutoIt.Error event, but with little luck. It does not show up an error message anymore, an AutoIt error that is, but it activates the error function every time I call the object's different methods and then cancels the opperation. Why does it do that? Isn't it only supposed to do it when an error actually occurs? Because I know that there was no error in that method that I used, since it works if I comment out the error event line. But I don't want to do that either, I want to continue with the script even if a com error occurs and not display that stupid AutoIt error message.

Here is a sample of the code I write:

$obj = ObjCreate("SomeObj.Class")

If @Error Then Exit

ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","my_func")

I also tried.

$obj = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","my_func")

And then of course I have the function my_func.

What am I doing wrong? Can anyone please give me some code, or at least a hint?

Thank's in advance,

Philip Bennefall

Perhaps you have, but your description makes it sound as though you have not seen the example in the beta helpfile.

Goto Function Reference -> Obj/Com Reference. About 80% the way down the page on the top level Obj/Com Reference page is an example using InternetExplorer.Application.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble