Issue moving cursor using TAB between GuiCtrlCreateInput

Kovacic

Without my posting any code examples, is there anything that would prevent autoit from moving the cursor from one GuiCtrlCreateInput to another?

I have a MDI application where on one of the windows, there are GuiCtrlCreateInput boxes to fill out, and when you hit TAB, where it should move to the next line, it only highlights what you wrote, and doesn't move anywhere.

The code I have is thousands of lines long, and currently only work in my companies environment, and it would take forever to change everything just to post it here, so I cant post a decent example.

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What the behavior you want to get?

To prevent moving cursor to next input, or to allow it?

If you want to allow it, it's may be a bug, but you need to post the script, or at least some snippet which produce the problem.

If you want to prevent it, I need to say it's strange and different with lots of applications. Do you sure you want?

99 little bugs in the code

99 little bugs!

Take one down, patch it around

117 little bugs in the code!

What the behavior you want to get?

To prevent moving cursor to next input, or to allow it?

If you want to allow it, it's may be a bug, but you need to post the script, or at least some snippet which produce the problem.

If you want to prevent it, I need to say it's strange and different with lots of applications. Do you sure you want?

I would like the tab to go to the next field, and the form is very generic, like something you would make in KODA. The program is a MDI, and I used KODA for the GUI I would like the tabs to work in, and when you run that same GUI by itself, it tabs along just fine. When you run it included in the program, TAB doesnt work at all. 

While I cant post the code, here are some possible relevant entries that may or may not have something to do with this issue:

Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)
_WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hMainGUI)
global $Pic2 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 0, 0, 425, 80)
    GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)
;This just sets a BG picture
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")
; This just helps keep an eye on a form field for typed keys and performs actions as needed. This is not the same form as the tab issue
; the main loop uses this format:

While 1
  $nMsg = GUIGetMsg(1)
    Switch $nMsg[1]

Case $button1
                    ;do stuff
    EndSwitch
Wend

Some of these lines may or may not be relevant, but if someone is familiar with Tabbing issues, and sees anything I have above that has been known to cause issues, that's what I am looking to determine.

C0d3 is P0etry( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Moderators

Kovacic,

As you can see from this example, inputs in MDI children should honour TabStop operations without problem:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

GUISetState()

$hChild = GUICreate("Child", 400, 400, 50, 50, Default, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $hGUI)

$cInput_1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 10, 200, 20)
$cInput_2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 40, 200, 20)
$cInput_3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 70, 200, 20)
$cInput_4 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 100, 200, 20)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Is there anything significantly different in the way in which you have coded the main and child GUIs or the input controls within your script? Have you added any special styles? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Post your screenshot if possible.

Edit: And the script line that create your parent window and MDI child window, plz. You give us too little infos

Edited by binhnx

99 little bugs in the code

99 little bugs!

Take one down, patch it around

117 little bugs in the code!

Can you post the code that you use to made the GUI and all child windows, as well as all the inputs you've created. I'm thinking Melba is correct in saying it could be a style definition that is making this behaviour.

Also, I think a screenshot is not going to help us to much, unless it is a gif that shows the problem. Even then, the code is most important. ;)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ