Still coordinates

Neia

Hi,

I have a couple of other stupid questions ;)

Must you use whole numbers only to set coordinates, speed, timing etc., or can you use fractional numbers as well? 

For instance, must you use coordinates as 475 or can you do 474.5 to be more specific, or 475.6?  

Or can you use send as an alternative to a longer code line?

Instead of:

MouseClick ( "" , $Ax , $Ay , 2 , 10)

Can it be:

send($Ax,$Ay)

Or can't you send coordinate variables at all?

Spent six hours trying to solve that but all I got was  :blink:  :huh2:  :ranting:  :mad2:

• Developers

@Neia,

1. What do you think these coordinates stand for in the MouseClick()?
  2. What is the purpose of sending something to coordinates in stead of controls?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks Spider001, that answered that question :)
Jos,
The coords stand for a button on my desktop work-area at the moment, but I want to be able to implement it to do things like simple searches where I first have to send a determined letter and then go down a list of words starting with that letter to find the ones that have certain meanings, if that makes any sense :P 

I am just trying to have it be easily changeable because the language sites I want to use don't have, as is obvious, the same configuration/design.

If I could make it so that it would be able to look for a particular meaning instead, I'd be sporting a smile for the rest of my days :3

Neia

• Developers

The X,Y stand for a pixel and there are no halve pixels, so why would you need that?

As I said, You want to send text to Controls of a window, so what about you explain what you are trying to do and what AU3Info is telling you about the button to click?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I want to find words in Gaelic, both Irish and Scottish, and Umbumdo that have certain meanings and sound/look cool for a fiction project I am doing. I quickly figured that there are far too many sites and online dictionaries for the amount of time I have available each day, so I thought I could put together a small search program to do the searching for me, a friend suggested AutoIt when I told him I wasn't getting along with c++.

But I think I might just go back to the old drudge hand work of reading endless lists :P 

I did love all my classes of c++ and Java, but I am the first to admit I am nowhere near a mediocre programmer lol, I am way below that.  

I'll keep trying to figure out this problem, it is fun :) but I think I better not depend on the outcome of it or I'll never finish the project, the fiction one not the programing lol.
If you have time to help I'd appreciate it, but if you'd rather do something more interesting  :thumbsup:  

Neia

• Moderators

You're asking for assistance, but posting the same question in multiple threads. It is a sure way to find no help at all.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Please stick to one topic.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Neia,

No problem with double posting - just please do not do it again. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area