version windows

Go to solution Solved by Spider001,

hey

is there a way to get the version from a windows

example win xp = 5.1

i need to get that 5.1

i tried one of those but nothing give me the number

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Title", @OSType & " " & @OSVersion & " " & @OSBuild & " " & @OSServicePack & " " & @OSArch)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions

i don't want to use a array with the names in it

i want to use somthing like that

If $ver > 5.1 then
   ;do something
endif

thanks

Edited by Spider001

Use FileGetVersion(@SystemDir & "Winver.exe"), that will get you the version number of the the OS. Also, there's a Winver.exe in both System32 and SysWoW64, so it wouldn't matter if the script is compiled as either x86 or x64.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Here is 2 ways 

Local $tagOSVERSIONINFO = DllStructCreate('dword dwOSVersionInfoSize;dword dwMajorVersion;dword dwMinorVersion;dword dwBuildNumber;dword dwPlatformId;char szCSDVersion[128]')
DllStructSetData($tagOSVERSIONINFO, 'dwOSVersionInfoSize', DllStructGetSize($tagOSVERSIONINFO))
Local $aReturn = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'int', 'GetVersionEx', 'struct*', $tagOSVERSIONINFO)
$Windows_Version = DllStructGetData($tagOSVERSIONINFO, 'dwMajorVersion') & '.' & DllStructGetData($tagOSVERSIONINFO, 'dwMinorVersion')
$Windows_Version = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "CurrentVersion")

Another way.

#include <WinAPISys.au3>

ConsoleWrite('Windows version: ' & _WinAPI_GetVersion() & @CRLF)

There's also a _WinAPI_GerVersionEx, which is probably the same as step887's first script.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

What fun would this be without a WMI verison...

$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\.\root\CIMV2")
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem", "WQL")

If IsObj($colItems) then
    for $colitem in $colitems
        ConsoleWrite('Caption      = ' & $colItem.caption & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite('Verison      = ' & $colItem.version & @CRLF)
    Next
endif

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill