Send Secuence while Typing?

tezari

Hello, its my first post but I use Autoit since 2 o 3 years ago.

Always forums help me to solve my doubts but I cannot find any solution to this

I need to send a secuence of numbers to a windows, in the same window and at the same time i have to be typing a random text.

Is it possible to send this secuence without disturbing my text?

At the moment I tried with Control send and Send and all kind of sends.

Hope that someone can help me..

Thanks in advance.

The windows is an application window from my Work for IT Ticket resolutions.

I need to enter a secuence of digits (IT Ticket ID) that i take from a File(Excel) while I type some comments on the ticket previous to submit the resolution.

The problem is that at the moment I have to wait until the numbers are entered (20digits+) to start writing the comments.and its a lost of time.

At the moment im using

while xxx

ControlSend("","","",$Character)

Call ("ReadNextValue")

wend

tezari,

Entering the numbers can probably be automated if you have read access to the spreadsheet and a way to identify the numbers programmatically.  Also, how long can it take to cut and paste a number?

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

If it is a ticket by ticket data entry task - and you are entering the ticket number from a spreadsheet - then that loop should not work unless you can fill in all the ticket numbers before proceeding (or concurrently with your typing - which sounds like the problem you are describing).  How about using a hotkey to fetch the next one?  That way, you go to the next ticket and just press one key and the field is completed and you can enter your notes.

I would just read all the tickets into an array an iterate through them with the hotkey function.

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt