Scite user calltips not working

therms

I just know this is going to be something horrendously stupid on my part, but...

I cannot get user calltips working in Scite.

I uninstalled Scite.

Using SciteConfig I made sure UDF folder was set to C:UsersThermsAutoITUDF.

Using Sciteconfig I opened the User Calltips editor and added one function.  

The complete contents of C:UsersThermsau3.user.calltips.api:

_TheFunctionOfAwesome($sOne, $sTwo) Writes two strings to stdout. (Requires: #include <deleteme.au3>)

Contents of C:UsersThermsAutoITUDFdeleteme.au3:

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _TheFunctionOfAwesome
; Description ...: Writes two strings to stdout
; Syntax ........: _TheFunctionOfAwesome($sOne, $sTwo)
; Parameters ....: $sOne                - A string value to output
;                  $sTwo                - A string value to add to $sOne.
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: therms
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......: This does stuff.
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: No
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _TheFunctionOfAwesome($sOne, $sTwo)
    ConsoleWrite($sOne & $sTwo & @CRLF)
EndFunc

After closing and restarting Scite, create a new file C:UsersThermsDesktopdeleteme2.au3.  

Start file out with the requisite #include <deleteme.au3> and begin typing "_TheFunct" and Scite never suggests _TheFunctionOfAwesome!

Edited by therms

There are 2 files, one for when you get to the open parens (displays what you have typed), and one for the 'auto-complete' of the function name...add in the function name here:

au3.userudfs.properties

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

;~ userfile locations have changed.
;~ move the two files to new locations
;~ or use this script

$file1 = "au3.user.calltips.api"
$file2 = "au3.UserUdfs.properties"

FileMove(@UserProfileDir & "\" & $file1, @UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\" & $file1, 8)
FileMove(@UserProfileDir & "\" & $file2, @UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\" & $file2, 8)

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

;~ userfile locations have changed.
;~ move the two files to new locations
;~ or use this script

$file1 = "au3.user.calltips.api"
$file2 = "au3.UserUdfs.properties"

FileMove(@UserProfileDir & "\" & $file1, @UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\" & $file1, 8)
FileMove(@UserProfileDir & "\" & $file2, @UserProfileDir & "\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\" & $file2, 8)

C:UsersThermsAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SCiTEau3.user.calltips.api:

_TheFunctionOfAwesome($sOne, $sTwo) Writes two strings to stdout. (Requires: #include <deleteme.au3>)

C:UsersThermsAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SCiTEau3.userudfs.properties::

au3.keywords.user.udfs=_thefunctionofawesome

Still do not get autocomplete or syntax hints for function parameters.

Edited by therms

That file does not exist.

In fact, when you told me to move au3.userudfs.properties and au3.user.calltips.api into that directory earlier it did not exist and I had to create it.  The only thing in C:UsersThermsAppDataLocalAutoIt v3 was the Aut2exe directory.

I assume that directory should be created on install or first start of SciTE.  As a test, I just did an uninstall/install of SciTE again, and it did not create that folder.  Even after starting it one time.

Could this be because I run on a standard user account?  I notice that that directory doe exists in my administrator accounts AppDataLocalAutoIT v3SciTE.

My theory is that the installer handles installation on standard user accounts incorrectly.

I'll try copying that folder over from my admin account and report back.

Edited by therms

OK, the issue is this:

I use a standard user account.  I double click the SciTE installer.  It pops up a UAC prompt.  After that it installs all the config files in the appdata directory for the administrator account rather than as the standard user I'm logged in as.  It also sets SCITE_USERHOME for the administrator, but not for the standard user.

Obviously this is because of UAC, but I believe this is not best practice behavior for an installer.

After manually copying the files to my standard user appdata directory and manually creating and setting to the right path the SCITE_USERHOME environment variable, I now have user calltips working.

Is there an issue tracker for the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer?

Edited by therms

• Moderators

therms,

Just post in this thread. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area