ControlCommand IsChecked returns 0

Nope.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same Issue. 

The problem come when I use another class then normal button class.

In my script the class button is : WindowsForms10.Button.app.0.1ca0192_r13_ad1

This is a checkbok.

ControlCommand ("Title","Text","[CLASS:WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.1ca0192_r13_ad1;INSTANCE:12]","IsChecked","")

What can we do ?

Use the Name instead

ConsoleWrite(ControlCommand ("Title","Text","[NAME:checkBoxRequireApproval]","IsChecked","") & @CRLF)

If that doesn't do it...make sure you can grab the window handle with

WinGetHandle

Then, make sure you can get the control with

ControlGetHandle

Then use those handles in the Controlcommand function

Use this to validate the handel returns:

IsHWnd
Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

I have the handle of the Windows with WinActivate then I use the command Send to move into the Windows. So i guess I have th handle ?

I have already use just the name and that doesn't work ...

By the way thank you for your help and if my english is bad it's because Im french ! haha

• 3 years later...

Hi, I'm a beginner of AutoIt. I have the same problem with checkbox state. I use ControlCommand to set the checkbox and it is worked. But before this command, I had to know the state of checkbox was checked or unchecked. I use GUICtrlRead("[NAME:checkBox1]") and it always return 0. Does anyone knows what happen? Thanks for help.

• Developers

GuiCtrlRead() is for you own developed GUI's. I assume you use ControlCommand() with "Check", so use "IsChecked" to check it's current status.
Post your script when you still have issues.

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#include <Winapi.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
Local     $I, $J, $sControl_ID
Dim $ObjTitle = "Demo Form"
Dim $aCheckBoxFlag[3][5] = [[1, 1, 0, 0, 1], _
                            [1, 1, 1, 1, 0], _
                            [0, 0, 0, 0, 1]]
Dim $aCheckBoxName[5] = ["checkBox1", "checkBox2", "checkBox3", "checkBox4", "checkBox5"]
$hWnd     =    WinWait($ObjTitle)       ; Wait For Win App Exist
$hWnd     =    WinActivate($ObjTitle)   ; Activate Win App
;
For $I = 0 To 2
    For  $J = 0 To 4
         $sControl_ID = "[NAME:" & $aCheckBoxName[$J] & "]"
         ControlFocus($hWnd, "", $sControl_ID)    ; Set Focus
         $Check_State = ControlCommand($hWnd, "", $sControl_ID, "IsChecked")
         MsgBox(0, $sControl_ID, $Check_State)
         If   ControlCommand($hWnd, "", $sControl_ID, "IsChecked")   Then
              ControlCommand($hWnd, "", $sControl_ID, "Uncheck")
         EndIf
         MsgBox(0, "$aCheckBoxFlag[" & $I & "][" & $J & "]", $aCheckBoxFlag[$I][$J])
         If   $aCheckBoxFlag[$I][$J] =  1    Then   ; Check The Check Box
              ControlCommand($hWnd, "", $sControl_ID, "Check", "")
         EndIf
      Next
Next

The $Check_State of every check box is 0 no matter what the real checkbox ischecked or Unchecked. Thanks for help.