user's include directory

theguy0000

im trying to learn more about the registry, and in regedit, i just happened to see something in there called "AutoItv3Script", i looked, and there was my install directory!

now, some of you might remember me wondering how to find a user's include directory.

$installDir = RegRead ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir" )
$includeDir = $installDir & "\include\"

MsgBox ( 0, "test", "Install Directory found at " & $installDir )
MsgBox ( 0, "test", "Include directory found at " & $includeDir )

this is more of a scrap than a script, i dont expect anyone to find it useful, but i just thought i would post it here.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

_RunDOS("dir /b /s | find "AutoIt\Include\")

way better dont ya think?

No, stupid idea. Why do a full recursive hard drive search when you can read the registry and lookup the location(s) exactly how AutoIt does it?

...and if you have multiple versions scattered on your drive, how would you validate which is the correct one?

Or what if your directory isn't named AutoIt\include? Maybe it's AutoIt3\include.

Or what if your directory isn't even on the same drive "dir /b /s" searches on.

what if they installed a zip that didnt write to the registry ?

Then AutoIt changes how it searches for an Include directory if it can't find the registry keys it wants:

For the include library syntax (#include <file>) to work AutoIt must have been installed using the supplied installer otherwise the installation directory will not be known and the current script directory (@ScriptDir\Include) will be used instead.