Clipboard Manager

Yes, there is a way to do this, but many ways of doing so. Using _IsPressed and/or GUI Accelerator keys could do this for you. Have a look in the HelpFile for these and try scripting something. :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Yes, there is a way to do this, but many ways of doing so. Using _IsPressed and/or GUI Accelerator keys could do this for you. Have a look in the HelpFile for these and try scripting something. :)

Well, in order to work with _IsPressed I need to run a loop.

I haven't looked ad GUI accelerators tho, problem is my script does not have a GUI.

What happens if I set an Acceleraotr hotkey to Ctrl + C? Will it block the windows default behavior?

Well, in order to work with _IsPressed I need to run a loop.

I haven't looked ad GUI accelerators tho, problem is my script does not have a GUI.

What happens if I set an Acceleraotr hotkey to Ctrl + C? Will it block the windows default behavior?

To use Accelerators you must have a GUI, so I'm thinking using _IsPressed is going to be the option you use.

#include <Misc.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll")

While 1
    If _IsPressed("11", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Then
        MsgBox(0, "", "I run after CTRL + c !")
    ElseIf _IsPressed("1B", $hDLL) Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "_IsPressed", "The Esc Key was pressed, therefore we will close the application.")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
    Sleep(250)
WEnd

DllClose($hDLL)

Something like that?

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Moderators

dieterhatn,

You will need at least one loop in your script to keep it running - so why the aversion to using a loop to poll for the key being pressed? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

dieterhatn,

You will need at least one loop in your script to keep it running - so why the aversion to using a loop to poll for the key being pressed? :huh:

M23

That's true, but I want it to be as lightweight as possible because its running permanently.

Is there a way to make autoit hotkeys not prevent the default behaviour? that could be another way to get it work with hotkeyset

//Edit:

Or is there a way to imitate that default behaviour?

Edited by dieterhatn

&nbsp;

That's exactly what I did not want to use, I do not want any loops in my script. That's why I'm asking for something else.

As melba stated. You must use at least 1 loop. And what do you mean as lightweight as possible? Anything running permanently must use loop(s).

Snips & Scripts

Another way could be to use _ClipBoard_SetViewer , even if you do not have a GUI (you can create an invisible one with just GUICreate()  )

Edited by jguinch

Technically, every AutoIt script has a hidden window that is created when it is run. Whether or not you use a GUI for your own script. Which doesn't help in this instance because the OP doesn't need a GUI, they just need a way to keep the script running and to poll for the keys being pressed.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@BrewManNH : I thought _ClipBoard_SetViewer was a good solution to track any clipboard changes (because CTRL + C/X generates a clipbloard event)

For the hidden window, I know it, but I didn't manage to use GUIRegisterMsg without creating a GUI

@BrewManNH : I thought _ClipBoard_SetViewer was a good solution to track any clipboard changes (because CTRL + C/X generates a clipbloard event)

For the hidden window, I know it, but I didn't manage to use GUIRegisterMsg without creating a GUI

So I need a (hidden) GUI for _ClipBoard_SetViewer to work?

And will it track any changes or just changes I did within the GUI?

As melba stated. You must use at least 1 loop. And what do you mean as lightweight as possible? Anything running permanently must use loop(s).

I am using a loop, containing one sleep command.

I just don't want it to make any calls at all when it's in idle. My script is completely based on hotkeys.

Edited by dieterhatn

@dieterhatn : try the example for _ClipBoard_SetViewer() : remove (comment) the GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) line, then replace GUICtrlSetData($g_idMemo, $sMessage & @CRLF, 1) by MsgBox(0, "", $sMessage)

Rather than checking for a keypress, I could just get the clipboard in a loop and check for double entries.

Which leads me to another question: Is there a way in autoit to get the clipboard?

I don't mean ClipGet(), i have to get the content no matter what it is. From what I've read can ClipGet only get strings.

Edited by dieterhatn