Print pdf's and then move to another folder

Hi!

I am very new to autoit, and have limited time atm. 

I am looking for a way to automatically print pdf's stored in a folder from an FTP-client. After the file is printed, it should be moved to a subfolder "archive".

I am sure this can be achieved with autoit. I would like to do it myself, but I haven't time atm, so I ask for help.

I am sure I can contribute to the forum in the future, when learning more about autoit.

Hoping for your expertise help!

Thanks!

• Moderators

Perminator, first off welcome to the forum. Secondly, we get that you may be in a rush, but this forum operates on the "Teach a man to fish" model. We help others with their own scripts, rather than having people put in an "urgent" request and someone barfs up code for you.

We can certainly assist you with your problem by pointing you in the right direction. Something like this should get you started. It is up to you to loop through your folder and then move the files. Look at _FileListToArray and FileMove in the help file.

$oShell = ObjCreate("Shell.Application")
$sFullPath = @DesktopDir
$sFile = "Proof.pdf"

If FileExists($sFullPath) Then
   $oFolder = $oShell.Namespace($sFullPath)
   $oItem = $oFolder.ParseName($sFile)
EndIf

$oItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")
Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!