Re-Loading Chrome

billshu

I am using this code to reload Chrome.  The problem is the sleep() after the WinKill().  On my desktop I had to set the sleep = 2000.  On my laptop I had to set the sleep to 15000.  It appears I need to wait until Chrome is all the way down before doing the RUN command. I tried to loop test if WinExists() = 0 then continue, but it continued immediately. Without the sleep() the run() never opens Chrome.

The value of $LocalString is C:Program Files (x86)GoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe  --new-window  "http://www.mypage.com"

Is there any way to do this without setting the sleep() up.  I do not want to  send F5 to reload, I need a fresh instance.

Func LoadChrome($LocalPageAddress)
   PostLog("LoadChrome() ")
   If $LaunchWindow <> 0 Then
        PostLog("Killing Previous Browser ")
       WinKill($LaunchWindow)
       sleep(15000)
   EndIf

PostLog("Loading Browser ")
   $LocalString = $RunBrowserPath & " " & $LocalPageAddress
   PostLog("Running=" & $LocalString)
   Run ($LocalString)
   $LaunchWindow = winwait("MyPage - Google Chrome","",60)

IF $LaunchWindow = 0 Then
         PostLog("TimeOut on Load Browser")
        Return(0)
   EndIf

WinMove($LaunchWindow, "", $RunBrowserOriginX, $RunBrowserOriginY, $RunBrowserWidth, $RunBrowserHeight)
   sleep(500)
   SetZoom()

PostLog("Browser Loaded")
   Return(1)
EndFunc

You could try this:

Do
        ProcessClose("chrome.exe")
    Until Not ProcessExists("chrome.exe")
   EndIf

I know that isn't using the $LaunchWindow handle, but it will work just the same, and will stay in the loop until chrome is dead (I use this myself on a daily basis as part of one of my automated tools).

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

You could try this:

Do
        ProcessClose("chrome.exe")
    Until Not ProcessExists("chrome.exe")
   EndIf

I know that isn't using the $LaunchWindow handle, but it will work just the same, and will stay in the loop until chrome is dead (I use this myself on a daily basis as part of one of my automated tools).

Ian

Thanks Ian,  That really looks good. I will give it a try when I am back at my computer. 

why not only work with a newly started browser in the first place and kill the other chrome process with a function checked with adlibregister

Thanks junkew,

I am not really a programmer, just play one on the Internets.  I have no clue what adlibregister is, but I will look it up. 

Don't really understand the first part of your comment, but I think you solved my problem, LOAD the new browser, and

let the OLD one die in its own sweet time.

Thanks again