Colored substrings in GUI Edit

It's Possible?

Create GUI Edit and if I write in edit word: "hello" then "hello" have for example red color and if i write "hello world" then hello have red color and world have yellow color?

In Notepad ++ is a colored syntax. Is possible in autoit?

Sorry for my bad english

Open the help file and run the examples for the RichEdit controls, learn how they work, modify them to your needs.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

_GUICtrlRichEdit_Create()

Look at the example :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

_GUICtrlRichEdit_Create()

Look at the example :)

Just so you're aware for the future, you can create an AutoIt code box and add the function name  there. Then you don't have to waste your time searching for the link and doing all that mumbo jumbo!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Just so you're aware for the future, you can create an AutoIt code box and add the function name  there. Then you don't have to waste your time searching for the link and doing all that mumbo jumbo!

I wasn't aware if they were aware they could use it like you have said, which is why I just gave the link. Still, thank you for taking the time to share the knowledge. :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Still not got a concrete example of coloring different texts at once....

Are you really that lazy?

#include <Color.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiRichEdit.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Global $g_idLblMsg, $g_hRichEdit

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $hGui, $iMsg, $idBtnNext, $iStep = 0
    $hGui = GUICreate("Example (" & StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4) & ")", 320, 350, -1, -1)
    $g_hRichEdit = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hGui, "", 10, 10, 300, 220, _
            BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL))
    $g_idLblMsg = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 235, 300, 60)
    $idBtnNext = GUICtrlCreateButton("Next", 270, 310, 40, 30)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetText($g_hRichEdit, "Paragraph 1")
    While True
        $iMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        Select
            Case $iMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                _GUICtrlRichEdit_Destroy($g_hRichEdit) ; needed unless script crashes
                ; GUIDelete()   ; is OK too
                Exit
            Case $iMsg = $idBtnNext
                $iStep += 1
                Switch $iStep
                    Case 1
                        Report("1. Initial setting")
                    Case 2
                        _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetCharColor($g_hRichEdit, "304050")
                        Report("2. Setting is now")
                    Case 3
                        _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetSel($g_hRichEdit, 1, 5)
                        _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetCharColor($g_hRichEdit)
                        Report("3. Background of a few characters changed")
                    Case 4
                        _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetSel($g_hRichEdit, 6, -1)
                        ; Stream all text to the Desktop so you can look at settings in Word
                        _GUICtrlRichEdit_Deselect($g_hRichEdit)
                        _GUICtrlRichEdit_StreamToFile($g_hRichEdit, @DesktopDir & "\gcre.rtf")
                        Report("4. Saved to File")
                        GUICtrlSetState($idBtnNext, $GUI_DISABLE)
                EndSwitch
        EndSelect
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func Report($sMsg)
    Local $iColor = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetCharColor($g_hRichEdit)
    Local $sMixed = @extended ? "+" : "~"
    Local $aRet = _ColorGetRGB($iColor)
    $sMsg = $sMsg & @CRLF & @CRLF & $aRet[0] & ";" & $aRet[1] & ";" & $aRet[2] & " Color=0x" & Hex($iColor) & ":" & $sMixed
    GUICtrlSetData($g_idLblMsg, $sMsg)
EndFunc   ;==>Report

From the help file I told you to open and look at and play with. You don't even need to be able to read the help file description if you can read the code.

Next time do something for yourself. Being a leech gets you nothing around here. I only posted the above because it was a direct copy from the help file.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

No example of the help file does not do what I want ... The program should automatically detect text and color it according to pre-defined rules. For example, every word "Hello" you write has to be yellow, then every word "World" has to be red. And so I want to set out the rules for coloring the text. And it has to happen on a regular basis when you will write something to a rich edit

Examples will never do exactly what you want. Sounds like when you are passing the data into the rich you will have to split the text in an array of words, and add it in word by word with a switch based on the word value to change the color. Time to get coding. Start simple, with the example given, and you'll get there.

Edited by kaisies

Main()

Func Main()
    Local $hGui, $iMsg
    $hGui = GUICreate("Example (" & StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4) & ")", 320, 350, -1, -1)
    $hRichEdit = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hGui, "RichEdit - Test | Phoenix XL + Color by Johnmcloud ", 10, 10, 300, 220, BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL))
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetEventMask($hRichEdit, $ENM_CHANGE)

Local $lblMsg = GUICtrlCreateLabel("'World' and 'Hello' ( not casesense ) are automatically colored upon typing.", 10, 235, 300, 60)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")
    GUISetState()

Do
        Sleep(10)
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

_GUICtrlRichEdit_Destroy($hRichEdit) ; needed unless script crashes
    GUIDelete() ; is OK too
EndFunc   ;==>Main

Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $iCode = BitShift($wParam, 16) ;HiWord
    If $iCode = $EN_CHANGE Then
        $s_Word = _GetCurrentWord($lParam)
        $i_WordPos = @extended
        Switch $s_Word
            Case "World" ; red
                ColorCurrentWord($lParam, $s_Word, $i_WordPos, _ColorConvert(0xFF0000))
            Case "Hello" ; blue
                ColorCurrentWord($lParam, $s_Word, $i_WordPos, _ColorConvert(0x0000FF))
        EndSwitch
    EndIf
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_COMMAND

Func ColorCurrentWord($hRichEdit, $sWord, $iWordPos, $iColor, $iDefColor = 0x000000)
    Static $i_CheckBK ;a check for if backspace was pressed
    If _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetTextLength($hRichEdit) < $i_CheckBK Then
        $i_CheckBK = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetTextLength($hRichEdit)
        ;backspace is pressed or chars deleted.
        Return
    EndIf
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetSel($hRichEdit, $iWordPos, $iWordPos + StringLen($sWord))
    If _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetSelText($hRichEdit) <> $sWord Then ; BUG with line starting as first
        _GUICtrlRichEdit_Deselect($hRichEdit)
        Return
    EndIf
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetCharColor($hRichEdit, $iColor)
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_InsertText($hRichEdit, " ")
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetSel($hRichEdit, $iWordPos + StringLen($sWord), $iWordPos + StringLen($sWord) + 1)
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetCharColor($hRichEdit, $iDefColor)
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_Deselect($hRichEdit)
    $i_CheckBK = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetTextLength($hRichEdit)
EndFunc   ;==>ColorCurrentWord

Func _ColorConvert($nColor);RGB to BGR or BGR to RGB
    Return _
            BitOR(BitShift(BitAND($nColor, 0x000000FF), -16), _
            BitAND($nColor, 0x0000FF00), _
            BitShift(BitAND($nColor, 0x00FF0000), 16))
EndFunc   ;==>_ColorConvert

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _GetCaretOffset
; Description ...: Get the Offset of the Caret
; Syntax.........: _GetCaretOffset($Edit_ID)
; Parameters ....: $Edit_ID         - The Control ID of the Edit Control
;
; Return values .: Success      - Returns the Offset & Sets @extended to
;                       | 1 - A Selection is Present
;                       | 0 - No Selection is Present
;                  Failure      - Returns -1 & Sets @error to 1
;
; Author ........: Phoenix XL
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......: Internally Used. from RichEditPredictText library
; Related .......:
; Link ..........: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/145398-predict-text-for-a-richedit-control-richeditpredicttextau3-udf/
; Example .......:
; ===============================================================================================================================

Func _GetCaretOffset($nRichEdit)
    Local $_LineIndex = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetSel($nRichEdit)
    If Not IsArray($_LineIndex) Then Return SetError(1, @error, -1)
    Switch $_LineIndex[0]
        Case $_LineIndex[1]
            Return SetExtended(0, $_LineIndex[1])
        Case Else
            $_LineIndex = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetSelAA($nRichEdit)
            ;Its a Bug in the GUIRichEdit UDF [Switch the Anchor Point]
            _SendMessage($nRichEdit, $EM_SETSEL, $_LineIndex[0], $_LineIndex[1])
            Return SetExtended(1, $_LineIndex[1])
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_GetCaretOffset

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _GetCurrentWord
; Description ...: Get the Current Word the Caret is Present at.
; Syntax.........: _GetCurrentWord($hRichEdit[, $cPos=-10[,$cEnter=0]])
; Parameters ....: $hRichEdit       - The Control ID of the Edit Control
;                  $cPos            - For flexibility, used for getting the word at any other offset
;                  $cEnter          - If Enter was Pressed then the Previous Line is Treated as the Primary Line
;                       | 1 - Check the Previous Line
;                       | 0 - Check the Present Line
; Return values .: Success      - Returns the Word & Sets @extended to the character offset of the first alphabet of the word.
;                  Failure      - Returns -1 & Sets @error to 1
;
; Author ........: Phoenix XL
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......: Internally Used. from RichEditPredictText library
; Related .......:
; Link ..........: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/145398-predict-text-for-a-richedit-control-richeditpredicttextau3-udf/
; Example .......:
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _GetCurrentWord($hRichEdit, $cPos = -10, $cEnter = 0)
    If $cPos = -10 Then $cPos = _GetCaretOffset($hRichEdit)
    If $cPos < 0 Then Return SetError(1, $cPos, -1)
    Local $nLine = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetLineNumberFromCharPos($hRichEdit, $cPos)
    $nLine -= $cEnter
    Local $nStart = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetFirstCharPosOnLine($hRichEdit, -1)
    Local $nText = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetTextInLine($hRichEdit, $nLine)
    Local $nWords = StringSplit($nText, ' ', 1)
    If @error Then Return SetError(2, 0, $nText)
    If $cEnter Then Return $nWords[$nWords[0]]
    For $n = 1 To $nWords[0]
        Switch $cPos
            Case $nStart To $nStart + StringLen($nWords[$n])
                Return SetExtended($nStart, $nWords[$n])
        EndSwitch
        $nStart += StringLen($nWords[$n]) + 1
    Next
    Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
EndFunc   ;==>_GetCurrentWord

BUG: When keyword is typed at start of line _GetCurrentWord don't return the correct position, i don't know how to solve it but for the rest work correct

Edited by johnmcloud

Here another example:

Global $hGUI = GUICreate("", 1024, 512)
Global $hRichEdit = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hGUI, "", 0, 0, 1024, 512, BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_READONLY))
Global $iRichEdit = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($hRichEdit)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetLimitOnText($hRichEdit, 0x20000)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetBkColor($hRichEdit, 0x383838)
Global $tCharFormat = DllStructCreate($tagCHARFORMAT)
$tCharFormat.dwMask = $CFM_COLOR
$tCharFormat.cbSize = DllStructGetSize($tCharFormat)
Global $iCP = 0
Global $iCPMax = 0xFFFF
WinSetTrans($hGUI, "", 0xD8)
GUISetState()

_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "Introduction\line\line", 0x40, 0x40, 0xFF, 32, 1000)
Global $aChars = StringSplit("AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.", "", 2), $i
$iCP = _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetCharPosOfNextWord($hRichEdit, $iCPMax)
For $i = 0 To UBound($aChars) - 1
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetSel($hRichEdit, $iCP - 1, -1, True)
    $iColor = 0x60 + Int(($i + 1) / UBound($aChars) * (0xFF - 0x60))
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, $aChars[$i], 0xF0, 0x40, $iColor, 12, 10)
Next
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "\line", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12, 750)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement ", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12, 750)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible ", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12, 750)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, ", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12, 750)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying 'runtimes' required!\line\line", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12, 1500)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "Progress: ",  0x38, 0xFF, 0x38, 12, 0)
For $i = 0x38 To 0xFF Step 2
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, Round($i / 0xFF * 100, 0) & " %", $i, $i, $i, 12 * $i / 0xFF, 10, 2)
Next
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "\line\line", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 8, 0)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "Have fun with it :-)\line", 0xFF, 0x40, 0x40, 25, 750)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "\line\line Press ESC!", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 8, 0)

Do
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
Until False

Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, $sText, $iRed, $iGreen, $iBlue, $iFontSize, $iSleep = 100, $iMode = 1, $sFontname = "Consolas") ;coded by UEZ 2014
    $iRed = $iRed < 0 ? 0 : $iRed > 0xFF ? 0xFF : $iRed
    $iGreen = $iGreen < 0 ? 0 : $iGreen > 0xFF ? 0xFF : $iGreen
    $iBlue = $iBlue < 0 ? 0 : $iBlue > 0xFF ? 0xFF : $iBlue
    Switch $iMode
        Case 1
            _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendText($hRichEdit, "{\rtf1\utf8{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 " & $sFontname & ";}}{\colortbl;\red" & $iRed & "\green" & $iGreen & "\blue" & $iBlue & ";}\cf1 {\fs" & $iFontSize * 2 & " {" & $sText & "}}\cf0}")
        Case 2
            _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetFont($hRichEdit, $iFontSize * 2, $sFontname)
            $tCharFormat.crCharColor = 0x10000 * $iBlue + 0x100 * $iGreen + $iRed
            _SendMessage($hRichEdit, $EM_SETCHARFORMAT, $SCF_SELECTION, $tCharFormat, 0, "wparam", "struct*")
            _GUICtrlRichEdit_ReplaceText($hRichEdit, $sText, False)
    EndSwitch
    Return Sleep($iSleep)
EndFunc   ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Here another example:

Global $hGUI = GUICreate("", 1024, 512)
Global $hRichEdit = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($hGUI, "", 0, 0, 1024, 512, BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_READONLY))
Global $iRichEdit = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($hRichEdit)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetLimitOnText($hRichEdit, 0x20000)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetBkColor($hRichEdit, 0x383838)
Global $tCharFormat = DllStructCreate($tagCHARFORMAT)
$tCharFormat.dwMask = $CFM_COLOR
$tCharFormat.cbSize = DllStructGetSize($tCharFormat)
Global $iCP = 0
Global $iCPMax = 0xFFFF
WinSetTrans($hGUI, "", 0xD8)
GUISetState()

_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "Introduction\line\line", 0x40, 0x40, 0xFF, 32, 1000)
Global $aChars = StringSplit("AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.", "", 2), $i
For $i = 0 To UBound($aChars) - 1
    $iColor = 0x60 + Int(($i + 1) / UBound($aChars) * (0xFF - 0x60))
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, $aChars[$i], 0xF0, 0x40, $iColor, 12, 10)
Next
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "\line", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement ", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12, 750)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible ", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12, 750)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, ", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12, 750)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying 'runtimes' required!\line\line", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 12, 1500)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "Progress: ",  0x38, 0xFF, 0x38, 12, 0)
For $i = 0x38 To 0xFF Step 2
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, Round($i / 0xFF * 100, 0) & " %", $i, $i, $i, 12 * $i / 0xFF, 10, 2)
Next
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "\line\line", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 8, 0)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "Have fun with it :-)\line", 0xFF, 0x40, 0x40, 25, 750)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, "\line\line Press ESC!", 0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 8, 0)

Do
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
Until False

Func _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx($hRichEdit, $sText, $iRed, $iGreen, $iBlue, $iFontSize, $iSleep = 100, $iMode = 1, $sFontname = "Consolas") ;coded by UEZ 2014
    $iRed = $iRed < 0 ? 0 : $iRed > 0xFF ? 0xFF : $iRed
    $iGreen = $iGreen < 0 ? 0 : $iGreen > 0xFF ? 0xFF : $iGreen
    $iBlue = $iBlue < 0 ? 0 : $iBlue > 0xFF ? 0xFF : $iBlue
    Switch $iMode
        Case 1
            _GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendText($hRichEdit, "{\rtf1\utf8{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 " & $sFontname & ";}}{\colortbl;\red" & $iRed & "\green" & $iGreen & "\blue" & $iBlue & ";}\cf1 {\fs" & $iFontSize * 2 & " {" & $sText & "}}\cf0}")
        Case 2
            _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetFont($hRichEdit, $iFontSize * 2, $sFontname)
            $tCharFormat.crCharColor = 0x10000 * $iBlue + 0x100 * $iGreen + $iRed
            _SendMessage($hRichEdit, $EM_SETCHARFORMAT, $SCF_SELECTION, $tCharFormat, 0, "wparam", "struct*")
            _GUICtrlRichEdit_ReplaceText($hRichEdit, $sText, False)
    EndSwitch
    Return Sleep($iSleep)
EndFunc   ;==>_GUICtrlRichEdit_AppendTextEx

Br,

UEZ

C:UsersKrzysiekDesktopAu3 & Projektypawo.au3(49,23) : ERROR: syntax error (illegal character)

$iRed = $iRed < 0 ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:UsersKrzysiekDesktopAu3 & Projektypawo.au3(50,27) : ERROR: syntax error (illegal character)

$iGreen = $iGreen < 0 ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:UsersKrzysiekDesktopAu3 & Projektypawo.au3(51,25) : ERROR: syntax error (illegal character)

$iBlue = $iBlue < 0 ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:UsersKrzysiekDesktopAu3 & Projektypawo.au3 - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

• Developers

Guess there is an implicit question in that last post?

Use the latest version of AutoIt3 for those lines to work.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)