WinClickPro - A GUI concept project for chaining AutoIt scripts

graydwarf

I wrote this power user tool a long while back and it originally had baked in commands and wasn't very extensible. I rewrote the tool and made use of the power and openeness of AutoIt. Some of you may find the concept and/or UI approach interesting (as well as useful) which is why I'm posting here. In all likely-hood, it could be rewritten entirely in AutoIt but that's not something I plan on doing. Good chance there are similar tools out there as well especially since I've sat on this for so long.

In short, the tool provides a snazzy user interface (no two interfaces will look alike) which opens right over whatever your working on so you can quickly launch any number of chained AutoIt scripts. My all-time favorite being; normalize clipboard text. 

https://winclickpro.codeplex.com/

I haven't shared the tool or concept with anyone outside of publishing it so I'm curious to see what people think. 

Very nifty tool. :)

One thing - changing the background color on the tile and the hover effects background color are not functional.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Very nifty tool. :)

One thing - changing the background color on the tile and the hover effects background color are not functional.

Thanks!

Did you remove the tile image? Background colors work on the layer under the tile images. Good call out though in terms of usability. 

Thanks!

Did you remove the tile image? Background colors work on the layer under the tile images. Good call out though in terms of usability. 

Yes, I did. :D

I did it on a new tile, removed the image and tried putting a green color on it, and it would just go back to the blue tile image.

Very cool though. ;)

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Yes, I did. :D

I did it on a new tile, removed the image and tried putting a green color on it, and it would just go back to the blue tile image.

Very cool though. ;)

Hrm. Is there any chance you confused the background image with the background hover effect image? Make sure to remove both images. Does anything happen when you hover the tile? If so, try removing hover effects and see if it gets you the expected behavior. If you can afford a little time for some repro steps, I'd love to look into it for you.

Hrm. Is there any chance you confused the background image with the background hover effect image? Make sure to remove both images. Does anything happen when you hover the tile? If so, try removing hover effects and see if it gets you the expected behavior. If you can afford a little time for some repro steps, I'd love to look into it for you.

No worries, and yes I did confuse it and removed both. Then, added a background color, which worked, and a hover background color and it works!

Very nice, glad you were so attentive. ;)

Snips & Scripts