Ask How create script to setting message email leave on server windows live mail

lirus

hi all,

i am newbie using autoit,

i need to create script to setting message email leave on server windows live mail

the step is here

- Run("C:Program FilesWindows LiveMailwlmail.exe")

- click menu Account

- click Icon properties

- click tab advanced

- clik check button " Leave a copy  of message  on server"

can you help me to create script autoit, so the script can automatic check " Leave a copy  of message  on server"

thanks before.

regards

Lirus

hello lirus, welcome to AutoIt and to the forum.

first, the forum you post your topic, "Example Scripts", is not for asking help. it's for you to provide useful scripts that others may benefit from. report your own thread and ask a moderator to transfer your thread to the "General Help and Support" forum.

second - as a general rule of thumb for scripting - if it can be managed behind the scene, like registry settings or manipulating settings files, then it is better than using UI automation. this is because clicking and sending keys is not robust and can be crippled by many things, like unexpected pop-up windows, user accidentally clicking away, etc.

so i think you should investigate on finding where the setting you want to change is stored. then, if possible, change it directly in the registry or in the settings file.

i'm not using Windows Live Mail so i can't be more specific. you can start here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/onedrive/en-US/1a34fc0c-608c-4e44-9813-5f2cf9522f8f/reading-windows-live-mail-account-settings-from-the-registry?forum=wlgeneraldev

and of course, google is your friend.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

thanks Universalist, I will check that link to explore more deeper about that.

and sorry for posting in wrong forum that its should be in "General Help and Support" forum.

@ Moderator: Please move my thread to   "General Help and Support" forum.