exe in an Autoit exe

Briandr

Hi,

From what I understand when compiling an .au3 script files in the same folder would get added to the exe, unless I am wrong. Can you add an exe to an Autoit exe or should you rename it and then let the Autoit code rename it back?

Thanks.

It overwrites the already created .exe if that is what you mean. What do you mean by adding an .exe to an AutoIt .exe? I think that is where my misunderstanding lies.

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

I don't even know the question you are asking. :sweating:

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

• Moderators

Yes, if you would like to include a file inside your compiled script (be it an image, text file, or another executable) you would use FileInstall. Alternatively, you could look at the Resources and ResourcesEX threads in the Examples forum, but those can be tricky for embedded executables.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!