Foscam IE Browser DIV Click help

I've been working on a test script for a Foscam FI9821w v2 camera to automatically open the web url of the camera, log in with the username and password, and shortcut map the UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT controls.  The only thing I'm having issues with are clicking the AUDIO and FULL SCREEN buttons once the main camera page has been reached.  The reason I'm building this code is to simplify camera operations for my grandmother, so all she has to do is launch the autoit application and use the arrow keys to move her front door security camera.

Here's the code I have so far.  I've put in an actual working URL with a working username and password (demo camera provided by Foscam's website), so you can see the code actually work.

#include <Misc.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
Local $CameraAddress = "gc8883.myfoscam.org"
Local $CameraPort = "20070"
Local $CameraUsername = "user"
Local $CameraPassword = "user"

Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll")                             ;getting ready for the _IsPressed Loop below

WaitForIP($CameraAddress)                                       ;This function pauses here until the camera can be pinged

$oIE = _IECreate("http://" & $CameraAddress & ":" & $CameraPort);open the camera webpage
_IELoadWait($oIE)                                               ;Wait for slow page to load before continuing
Local $oUserName = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "username")              ;Get field name on login page to fill in
Local $oPassword = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "passwd")                ;Get field name on login page to fill in
Local $oLogin = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "login_ok")                 ;Get button name to click to login
_IEFormElementSetValue($oUserName, $CameraUsername)             ;Set the username in the browser
_IEFormElementSetValue($oPassword, $CameraPassword)             ;Set the password in the browser
_IEAction($oLogin, "click")                                     ;Click the login button to continue to camera page

While 1
    If _IsPressed("26", $hDLL) Then     ;Up Arrow Key Press
        CamUp()
    ElseIf _IsPressed("28", $hDLL) Then ;Down Arrow Key Press
        CamDown()
    ElseIf _IsPressed("25", $hDLL) Then ;Left Arrow Key Press
        CamLeft()
    ElseIf _IsPressed("27", $hDLL) Then ;Right Arrow Key Press
        CamRight()
    ElseIf _IsPressed("1B", $hDLL) Then ;{ESC} exits this app and closes browser
        CloseApp()
    EndIf
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func WaitForIP($sIP)    ;Don't continue with this app until it can ping camera
        Do
        Sleep(250) ; Give the CPU a break
        Until ping($sIP) <> 0
EndFunc

Func CloseApp()
    ProcessClose("iexplore.exe")
    DllClose($hDLL)
    exit
EndFunc

Func CamUp()
        $oIE = _IECreate("http://" & $CameraAddress & ":" & $CameraPort & "/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveUp&usr=" & $CameraUsername & "&pwd=" & $CameraPassword, 0, 0, 1, 0)
        _IEQuit($oIE)
            ;Up Arrow Key is pressed, Sleep
            While _IsPressed("26", $hDLL)
                Sleep(250)
            WEnd
        $oIE = _IECreate("http://" & $CameraAddress & ":" & $CameraPort & "/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzStopRun&usr=" & $CameraUsername & "&pwd=" & $CameraPassword, 0, 0, 1, 0)
        _IEQuit($oIE)
EndFunc

Func CamDown()
        $oIE = _IECreate("http://" & $CameraAddress & ":" & $CameraPort & "/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveDown&usr=" & $CameraUsername & "&pwd=" & $CameraPassword, 0, 0, 1, 0)
        _IEQuit($oIE)
            ;Down Arrow Key is pressed, Sleep
            While _IsPressed("28", $hDLL)
                Sleep(250)
            WEnd
        $oIE = _IECreate("http://" & $CameraAddress & ":" & $CameraPort & "/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzStopRun&usr=" & $CameraUsername & "&pwd=" & $CameraPassword, 0, 0, 1, 0)
        _IEQuit($oIE)
EndFunc

Func CamLeft()
        $oIE = _IECreate("http://" & $CameraAddress & ":" & $CameraPort & "/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveLeft&usr=" & $CameraUsername & "&pwd=" & $CameraPassword, 0, 0, 1, 0)
        _IEQuit($oIE)
            ;Left Arrow Key is pressed, Sleep
            While _IsPressed("25", $hDLL)
                Sleep(250)
            WEnd
        ;Left Arrow Key is released
        _IEQuit($oIE)
EndFunc

Func CamRight()
        $oIE = _IECreate("http://" & $CameraAddress & ":" & $CameraPort & "/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveRight&usr=" & $CameraUsername & "&pwd=" & $CameraPassword, 0, 0, 1, 0)
        _IEQuit($oIE)
            ;Right Arrow Key is pressed, Sleep
            While _IsPressed("27", $hDLL)
                Sleep(250)
            WEnd
        ;Right Arrow Key is released
        _IEQuit($oIE)
EndFunc

Here's a screenshot of the (2) buttons I would like to click:

1zjwBKeSiCDiNYVvS66ZYTM0jPS1l0.jpg

I've tried the following code to click the buttons, but nothing happens:

$oDivs = _IETagNameGetCollection ($oIE, "div")
For $oDiv in $oDivs
    If $oDiv.classname == "liveBtnBt9" Then
    MsgBox(0,"",$oDiv.classname)
    _IEaction($oDiv,"click")
    ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

I've messed around with forcing the browser full screen, then mapping mouse clicks to the buttons.  This sort of works, but it's not reliable if there's a delay in the page loading (mouse clicks before buttons actually load).

Since the above camera address is live, you can actually see the HTML I'm trying to click.  Neither of the DIV class buttons have ID's, and the FULL SCREEN div button has only a CLASS.

Audio On Button:

<div class="liveBtnBt9" name="active"></div>

Full Screen Button

<div class="liveBtnBT5"></div>

If anyone could help point me in a better direction for how to automate clicking these 2 buttons, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've searched the forum for every article on clicking DIV's with no ID's or NAME's, but nothing I've found so far actually works.

Thanks,

TBWalker

Edited by tbwalker

Your code should be fine...try to add a _ieaction(,"focus") prior to the click.  How do you know it's not loaded?  Is there some attribute that's presnt when it is?

You can add an additional loop to wait for the div:

$iTimer = TimerInit()
$iTimeout = 10000
While TimerDiff($iTimer )<$iTimeout
    For $oDiv in $oDivs
        If $oDiv.classname == "liveBtnBt9" Then
        _IEaction($oDiv,"focus")        
        _IEaction($oDiv,"click")
        ConsoleWrite("clicked..." & @CRLF)
        ExitLoop 2
        EndIf
    Next
WEnd
Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Added a bit more, above.

Oh, and that's the basics of my signature...looping until your object is found (within some timeout)...I just use xpaths instead, to drive the looping.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Thanks again jdelaney.

I gave your suggestion a test drive with the code below.  The console shows the "clicked..." at the end, but the video never goes full screen.

#include <Misc.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://" & $CameraAddress & ":" & $CameraPort);open the camera webpage
_IELoadWait($oIE)                                               ;Wait for slow page to load before continuing
Local $oUserName = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "username")              ;Get field name on login page to fill in
Local $oPassword = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "passwd")                ;Get field name on login page to fill in
Local $oLogin = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "login_ok")                 ;Get button name to click to login
_IEFormElementSetValue($oUserName, $CameraUsername)             ;Set the username in the browser
_IEFormElementSetValue($oPassword, $CameraPassword)             ;Set the password in the browser
_IEAction($oLogin, "click")                                     ;Click the login button to continue to camera page

Sleep(15000)

$iTimer = TimerInit()
$iTimeout = 10000
While TimerDiff($iTimer )<$iTimeout
    For $oDiv in $oDivs
        If $oDiv.classname == "liveBtnBt5" Then ;FULLSCREEN DIV CLASS NAME
        _IEaction($oDiv,"focus")
        _IEaction($oDiv,"click")
        ConsoleWrite("clicked..." & @CRLF)
        ExitLoop 2
        EndIf
    Next
WEnd

I'll take your "XPATHS" suggestion and try and come up with a solution in that direction.

Thanks again!

I took the loop out to let it click every instance, but still nothing happening.  Would there be a way to click/activate the CLASS with a CONTROLCLICK?

I tried the test below to see if I could get CONTROLCLICK to click it, but I'm not sure I'm formatting the command correctly, or even if this is a command that could possibly work.  I didn't know which INSTANCE, if any, to tell it to click, so I took the shotgun approach.

#include <Misc.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

Sleep(25000)

$hWnd = WinActivate("IPCam Client - Windows Internet Explorer")
$oResult = ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:liveBtnBt5]", 1)
ConsoleWrite("Result = " & $oResult & @CRLF)
sleep(1000)
$oResult = ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:liveBtnBt5; INSTANCE:1]", 1)
sleep(1000)
$oResult = ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:liveBtnBt5; INSTANCE:2]", 1)
sleep(1000)
$oResult = ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:liveBtnBt5; INSTANCE:3]", 1)
sleep(1000)
$oResult = ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:liveBtnBt5; INSTANCE:4]", 1)
sleep(1000)
$oResult = ControlClick($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:liveBtnBt5; INSTANCE:5]", 1)
sleep(1000)
exit

Nope...you might be able to focus, and then send "{Enter}" at the browser, but you can't use control functions, reliably (x,y coords only, via mouseclick...bad option), on a browser.

Edited by jdelaney

I installed a firefox plugin to get the unique xpaths for what I want to click:

for the audio on, XPath Checker told me its XPath was:

id('ftLive')/x:div[10]

for audio off:

id('ftLive')/x:div[11]

for the fullscreen:

id('ftLive')/x:div[5] 

I went to your IEbyXPATH link and I'm trying to get a grasp on how to click the xpaths above, but I'm a bit stumped on how to take the code you provide and try and use it to click on the xpaths I have here... I'll keep playing with it and post back if I'm able to make it work.

Thanks again for your help.

Oops... still learning about this XPATH stuff... the XPATH info I gave in my previous post was from FIREFOX, but what I'm trying to accomplish is in INTERNET EXPLORER... After a bit more reading I realized that the XPATH element format for IE would be different, so I found a utility ( Fire-IEBrowser.xlsm located at http://code.google.com/p/fire-ie-selenium/downloads/list  ) and used it to get the XPATHs of the elements I'm trying to click.

The results were, for audio on:

//div[@id='ftLive']/div[10]

for audio off:

//div[@id='ftLive']/div[11]

for the fullscreen:

//div[@id='ftLive']/div[5]

I'm going to keep plugging away at this.  With any luck I'll be able to mark this solved by tomorrow with updated code!

• 2 years later...

Hello tbwalker,

I know it's been a while since you posted above messages, but i'm trying to accomplish exactly the same. Did you find a solution at last? 

It would be great help for me.

Bastiaan

Those xpath's look good (post #10)...my script should handle it, but I don't recall if I kept the initial post up to date...you might have to dig in deeper to find where the [n] can be used...probably a link to it in the post...edit: here it is:

The function returns an array of matching objects.

I'd suggest adding my script as a udf, and #include it in yours...it's rather long, and can be greatly optimized, but will work...I use some form if it at my work to reliably test our websites after builds.

Edited by jdelaney