Color Detect

• Moderators

Marzupilami, can you explain more about what you're trying to accomplish, or what kind of window you're trying to manipulate? As FinishHim points out, there are options under PixelGetColor, but these are flaky at best. Most applications support using Control commands to send commands to the window, and this will provide you with a much more stable script.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Would you please be so kind to answer the question posted by JLogan3o13?

When we know which program you try to auomate we can provide the most reliable solution.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Perhaps, if you share a little of your code thus far, it might become clear about what you are working with, as many windows have different requirements etc. Perhaps even knock up a little If When Do scenario, which we can correct for you if need be. Window positioning and size may need to be taken into account.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Ok, how do I make it wait until a certain pixel has a certain color?

Seeing you are new, you may have not have the pleasure of reading our forum rules. Just to keep things on the up and up. I say this for what you are asking for is 99% of the time for a game and we do not allow for that here. I have no idea if that is your intent or not however no point in wasting our time if it is. Otherwise, it be great if you shared your code so far so we can see how we can help. Thanks.

Hi!

Ok, here's the background: I often search the same travel on the local public transport company Västtrafik's webpage, in their route planner: http://reseplanerare.vasttrafik.se/bin/query.exe/sn

Because it would be easier, and because I'm a little interested in code, I thougt I'd make a program in AutoIT that automatically opens Chrome and searches the travel for me. But the page does not load as fast every time, and if the program is going to be fast I cannot just put a long delay in the beginning to be sure.

So my code this far is just:

ShellExecute ("chrome.exe", "http://reseplanerare.vasttrafik.se/bin/query.exe/sn")

Then I thougt something that could detect when a certain pixel on the screen changed color (the page loaded) could solve the problem. Of course if there is a better solution I would really appreciate that as well.

(PS. I'm really new to AutoIT, and any type of code. I only know like "ShellExecute, "Sleep", and "Winkill" :) )

Use IE, or Firefox, and you can easily hook into the DOM object, and wait for it to load...IE comes packaged with autoit:

Here is one of them:

_IELoadWait

If the page loads, and still has elements being built, then you can loop for your specific element to be present.

That will be ooddles easier than pixel searching...not to mention more reliable also.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.