hiding widows at launch

the current script generates windows, presently the command available in autoit does NOT do a good job at hiding windows. Sometime you may hide one window but will NOT hide the windows that have spawned from. The problem what works in window 8 to hide some of the widows may not work in win7 and win8 vice versa 

I was thinking of running the all application (script) on a hidden desktop therefore at the end of the script a message will pop up on the visible desktop and advise the script is completed. 

My question can a script can be run hidden I make significant use of WIN*, Command* and Controlsend* 

if so can you provide me with a demo snippet, 

I am attaching a snippet of one area in particular I am having problem to hide at launch 

Runwait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'inetcpl.cpl', "", @SW_HIDE) ;seems to hide at launch although some flickers regardless works in  win8 however will not work in win 7 or win xp

Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl,,0","",@SW_HIDE)  ;this does not hide at all on any  windows version

thanks

HideWindow06-11-14.txt

I want to work on the internet option (Properties)

General Tab

1. check to see if a  main page exist , if not set it  (www.mywebiste.com)

2. check to see if the  "clear history on exit" have been checked, if checked then unchecked

Security Tab

1.check if https have checked if checked then unchecked

2. then add url exemptions (*.mysite.com)

Privacy Tab

1.Check if  "turn on pop up blocker" is checked   then add url exemptions(*.mysite.com)

2. if not check then ignore

if you can show me or give an idea how to do that programmatically you are my hero, I am trying to stay away the most I can from the registry

post-81487-0-59573600-1415550276_thumb.p

Edited by antonioj84

• Moderators

I want to work on the internet option (Properties)

General Tab

1. check to see if a  main page exist , if not set it  (www.mywebiste.com)

2. check to see if the  "clear history on exit" have been checked, if checked then unchecked

Security Tab

1.check if https have checked if checked then unchecked

2. then add url exemptions (*.mysite.com)

Privacy Tab

1.Check if  "turn on pop up blocker" is checked   then add url exemptions(*.mysite.com)

2. if not check then ignore

if you can show me or give an idea how to do that programmatically you are my hero, I am trying to stay away the most I can from the registry

There's literally no reason I can think of to do all of this (that is any good).

Before I just lock the thread, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  Why would you want to do this on multiple machines? (Obviously you'd only need to do it once on your machine.)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You guys are a Bunch of idiots before pressing judgment, I wrote the program it is to optimize the client browser that access our portals , if they do not have the right configuration our web applications will not run therefore this script configure the browser for them

Manually it takes 15 minutes, with the script it takes 50 seconds

Nsmoke, my script is written and operational. I am concerned with the aesthetic of the windows popping all over, I  manage to hide all windows except the INETCPL.CPL

My reasons for doing this our huge site is build  on on IE8 legacy hence require some of our site url added in compatibility view , some security sites, and pop up blocker,

if the client is having issue running our web app they will download the script from our secure site and run it in their PC; after running the script itself destroy(for security reason) meaning the customer will have to download next time BUT only if they have issue, so far 80% of the problem are fixed by running the script the rest 20% require our tech to get involved.

the script check if our site exist, do not add it if does not then add it our required  site url's are pulled from an xml files.

basically back to my original question how do I hide INETCPL.CPL  when running from  CMD it does not return a PID

right nowt I am using a splash screen to hide these windows, I want the application to look professional.

Edited by antonioj84