Autoit Error Message

Hobbyist

I'm still new at this Autoit, so I hope I'm in the right forum for this question..

I have been coding in the same program for several weeks and run and test every time I add or change something. Today even after running several successful test I got this error which also keeps the app from launching - 

Looking at the path and directory in the error message I thought it might be within Autoit.

Any help would be appreciated 

Hobbyist

Here is the error:

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Array.au3" (1150) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
Local $vTmp, $L = $iStart, $R = $iEnd, $vPivot = $avArray[int(($iStart + $iEnd) / 2)][$iSubItem], $fNum = IsNumber($vPivot)
Local $vTmp, $L = $iStart, $R = $iEnd, $vPivot = ^ ERROR
->20:30:42 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1

The fact that you declare variables like you have, probably means your understanding of programming principles, is greater than mine.

That said, it is pretty clear, that your issue is the variable $avArray and thus its parts.

It is also pretty clear that $iStart and $iEnd and $iSubItem must be numerical values, and that they must exist as such before you declare them in the context of $avArray. So I presume one of them, at least, doesn't conform?

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• Moderators

The error shows you that it happens within the Array.au3 file on line 1150.

This is the _ArrayInsert function.

Where ever you're calling this in your main script, you've exceeded the number of allocated array dimensions there.

So debug from that point of your script.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.