How do I...Retrieve a listing of available objects

I'm starting to play with COM but would like to get a list of objects that my system has.

Is there a way to pull this info into AutoIT? Is it easily retrieved from a file?

TIA

Sean, If you have Visual Studio or Visual Basic, you can look through your components references. Otherwise, one of the best ways is to look through MSDN online. A LOT of programs use COM interfaces, some publicly exposed, others not so - I have not explicitly gone looking for a tool that enumerates all of them. The COM / object introduction in the helpfile is quite useful - are there any particular applications / functions that you are interested in?

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

I'm starting to play with COM but would like to get a list of objects that my system has.

Is this helpful? Not sure if it applies exactly to what you're asking:

Standard Shell Interfaces

This also looked interesting, but not sure if it's relevant to your needs:

Tlbinf32

Edited by jefhal
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Take a look in the helpfile for the latest betas... Sven (I'm assuming) spent quite a bit of effort writing up the use of the OLE/COM Object Viewer that we have discussed in the forums a while back. Look under AutoIt->Function Reference->Obj/Com Reference - in the main help section in the sub-heading of OLE/COM Object Viewer.

Dale

Is there a way to pull this info into AutoIT? Is it easily retrieved from a file?

TIA

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble