_SQLite_SQLiteExe Sqlite3.exe file not found

Jfish

Go to solution Solved by jchd,

Hello all.  Another weekend - another episode of getting stuck on something I should be able to figure out :ranting:

I am trying to use Sqlite for a bulk import but for some reason I keep getting the error that it cannot locate the Sqlite3.exe file.  I read the help file suggesting it gets stored in the @temp directory.  When I read those files I see "sqlite3_300800403.exe" listed amongst them but I don't see "sqlite3.exe" .  This may be a dumb question but how can I point _SQLite_SQLiteExe to the sqlite3.exe and should it really be "sqlite3_300800403.exe"?

These are my includes:

#include <SQLite.au3>
#include <SQLite.dll.au3>

This is the generic version of what I am running for the import:

_SQLite_SQLiteExe($sDatabaseFilePath, ".separator ," & @CRLF & ".import '" & FileGetShortName($hImportFilePath) & "' TableName" & @CRLF, $sOutputFile)

Any guidance?

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Rename it to the correct name. For some reason this gets the version appended.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

@jchd -

I did that and it worked (thank you) - but I noticed the next time that it ran it also create a copy called "sqlite3_300800403.exe".  Seems this could be a recurring problem as I believe (please correct me) that the files in the temp directory get periodically deleted?  If that is a static name for the sqlite3.exe file should the SQLite.au3 file be updated with the new name of the exe?  Alternatively, is that file getting created from  the dll?  If so, does that need to be updated?  Just curious as to root cause?

JFish

Edited by Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

• Solution

I advise you to copy the exe to a solid directory (e.g. @SCRIPTDIR or some folder in the path environment variable) and do the same with the SQLite3.dll file. Then comment out the SQLite.dll.au3 include line.

Clearly SQLite.dll.au3 shouldn't continuously fetch the CLI from the AutoIt repository.

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• 4 months later...

Are you sure no sqlite3.exe file exists in @scriptdir?

Show the code you're using.

@jchd I just copy the example script from AUTOIT3 HELP about _SQLite_SQLiteExe to test

I only change cod from ' _SQLite_SQLiteExe($sDbFile, $sIn, $sOut,-1,True)' to ' _SQLite_SQLiteExe($sDbFile, $sIn, $sOut,"C:Sqlitesqlite3.exe",True) '

beause sqlite3 install in c:sqlite

F5 ,ERROR: Sqlite3.exe file not found

then

I copy the file" sqlite3.exe" to @scriptdir , F5 ,also ERROR: Sqlite3.exe file not found

then

I copy the files"sqlite3.def" and"sqlite3.dll" to @scriptdir ,F5, also ERROR: Sqlite3.exe file not found

system: win7 64bit autoit:3.3.12.0 sqlite3:3.8.8.3

#include <File.au3>
#include <SQLite.au3>
#include <SQLite.dll.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>

; Filenames
Local $sTsvFile = FileGetShortName(_TempFile(@ScriptDir, "~", ".tsv"))
Local $sDbFile = FileGetShortName(_TempFile(@ScriptDir, "~", ".db"))

; Create Tsv File
FileWriteLine($sTsvFile, "a" & @TAB & "b" & @TAB & "c")
FileWriteLine($sTsvFile, "a1" & @TAB & "b1" & @TAB & "c1")
FileWriteLine($sTsvFile, "a2" & @TAB & "b2" & @TAB & "c2")

; import (using SQLite3.exe)
Local $sIn, $sOut, $i, $sCreate = "CREATE TABLE TblImport (";
For $i = 1 To _StringCountOccurance(FileReadLine($sTsvFile, 1), @TAB) + 1
    $sCreate &= "Column_" & $i & ","
Next
$sCreate = StringTrimRight($sCreate, 1) & ");"
$sIn = $sCreate & @CRLF ; Create Table
$sIn &= ".separator \t" & @CRLF ; Select @TAB as Separator
$sIn &= ".import '" & $sTsvFile & "' TblImport" & @CRLF
_SQLite_SQLiteExe($sDbFile, $sIn, $sOut,"C:\Sqlite\sqlite3.exe",True)

If @error = 0 Then
    ;Show Table (using SQLite3.dll)
    Local $iRows, $iColumns, $aRes
    _SQLite_Startup()
    ConsoleWrite("_SQLite_LibVersion=" & _SQLite_LibVersion() & @CRLF)
    _SQLite_Open($sDbFile)
    _SQLite_GetTable2d(-1, "SELECT ROWID,* FROM TblImport;", $aRes, $iRows, $iColumns)
    _SQLite_Display2DResult($aRes) ; Output to Console
    _SQLite_Close()
    _SQLite_Shutdown()
Else
    If @error = 2 Then
        ConsoleWrite("ERROR: Sqlite3.exe file not found" & @CRLF)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("ERROR: @error=" & @error & " when calling _SQLite_SQLiteExe" & @CRLF)
    EndIf
EndIf

; Remove Temp Files
FileDelete($sTsvFile)
FileDelete($sDbFile)

; Output:
; rowid  Column_1  Column_2  Column_3
; 1      a         b         c
; 2      a1        b1        c1
; 3      a2        b2        c2

Func _StringCountOccurance($sSearchString, $sSubString, $iCaseSense = $STR_NOCASESENSE) ; Returns Number of $sSubString in $sSearchString
    Local $iOccCnt = 1
    Do
        If StringInStr($sSearchString, $sSubString, $iCaseSense, $iOccCnt) > 0 Then
            $iOccCnt += 1
        Else
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Until 0
    Return $iOccCnt - 1
EndFunc   ;==>_StringCountOccurance

post-90484-0-84749300-1427175032_thumb.p

post-90484-0-38152800-1427175339_thumb.p

Works out of the box for me with the latest release as x86:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3" /UserParams    
+>10:39:49 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.727.1229.0 SciTE v.3.5.0.0   Keyboard:0000040C  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:040C)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\jc\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\jc\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3
+>10:39:49 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
_SQLite_LibVersion=3.8.5
 rowid  Column_1  Column_2  Column_3 
 1      a         b         c        
 2      a1        b1        c1       
 3      a2        b2        c2       
+>10:39:49 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>10:39:49 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.6997

and latest release as x64:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3" /UserParams    
+>10:43:49 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.727.1229.0 SciTE v.3.5.0.0   Keyboard:0000040C  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:040C)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\jc\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\jc\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3
+>10:43:49 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3"    
_SQLite_LibVersion=3.8.4.3
+>10:43:56 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>10:43:56 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 7.499

as well as with latest beta as x86:

+>10:42:14 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.727.1229.0 SciTE v.3.5.0.0   Keyboard:0000040C  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:040C)
+>10:42:14 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3"    
_SQLite_LibVersion=3.8.5
+>10:42:14 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>10:42:14 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.6961

and latest beta as x64:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3" /UserParams    
+>10:47:13 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.727.1229.0 SciTE v.3.5.0.0   Keyboard:0000040C  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:040C)
>Running AU3Check (3.3.13.20)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta  input:C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3
+>10:47:13 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.13.20):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\jc\Documents\AutoMAT\tmp\sqlite_exec.au3"    
_SQLite_LibVersion=3.8.8.1
+>10:47:16 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>10:47:16 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 3.125

Which AutoIt version do you use?

Note varying versions of sqlite3.exe :