can't delete, pls help!

Guest dan5

I never download AutoIt, but for some reason it has shown up on my computer. I can't seem to actually find the full program, but it's here and i think it's screwing up my computer. In the location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows there is a file called "AutoIt3" and another "mc-58-12-0000140". I keep trying to delete these files but they keep coming back after i delete them. Inetget it also causing problems i think: inetget installed itself somehow and now i have two inetget folders: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\inetget" and "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ineget2". I can delete the inetget2 folder but the first folder (inetget) i can't delete. It says that the program is running and i can't delete in becuase it's in use (the only file in that folder is "mc-58-12-0000140". I cannot stop the program from running since i can't use my task manager; it's not working, a problem which started the same time as this whole autoit situation.

If i tell the file "mc-58-12-0000140" not to start up with windows in the system configuration, nothing happens: it still starts up with windows and all the files i deleted (such as the inetget2 folder) keep returning.

Is there any way to delete this program (autoit and inetget) fully? Should i go to the windows registry and try to delete the registry key "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\DNS" (the data for this registry key is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\mc-58-12-0000140.exe" and/or "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\services32" (data is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows\mc-58-12-0000140.exe"). Is it safe to delete these keys?

Please help! this is slowing down my computer incredibly and if i can't delete this i'll have to format my pc!

thanks

seems to be adware or trojan. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/s...es32-12488.html. Download a recent virus scanner or spyware/trojan scanner and try to clean your system.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Please help! this is slowing down my computer incredibly and if i can't delete this i'll have to format my pc!

thanks

Try rebooting in Safe Mode, run the antivirus mentioned above, then run Hijackthis (search google) and look at all the goodies that run when you start your computer. Read the warning about destroying your computer if you delete the wrong things. One or more of the items listed may be what you refer to above. If you are certain, mark them for "fixing". There are myriad forums on what the hijackthis reports mean. Go there as well as the kb's of your antivirus scanner.
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format