Identifying a word

Hello,

I know this has been discussed already, but I just couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

I want the script to identify if the word "Axl" or any other word I want search for is exist on the screen and show a Msgbox after that.

Here is an example: '>

I heard about " OCR " but I can't actually understand how to script it on a small word.

Any help is welcomed.

If it is on your screen and not easily read from a control (Edit, Input, etc), then you need to use OCR.

There were free versions available last I looked (some years ago), and some may be command-line driven or communicated with using Stdout.

Where is the text coming from, as there may be other ways to get it from the source, bypassing the screen?

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

If it is on your screen and not easily read from a control (Edit, Input, etc), then you need to use OCR.

There were free versions available last I looked (some years ago), and some may be command-line driven or communicated with using Stdout.

Where is the text coming from, as there may be other ways to get it from the source, bypassing the screen?

Coming from a picture with many different words, like an article or story or something.

I just wrote that " Axl " word with only 3 characters to reduce the effort.

Coming from a picture with many different words, like an article or story or something.

I just wrote that " Axl " word with only 3 characters to reduce the effort.

So, is that text showing on screen as an image or a document?

And what is creating it?

Is it protected by DRM?

Those elements will tell you what options you have.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• Moderators

NightFury,

Still trying to automate that game? ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

So, is that text showing on screen as an image or a document?

And what is creating it?

Is it protected by DRM?

Those elements will tell you what options you have.

Showing as an image.

It created with a list of names for example, and I want to find a specific name.

I don't know what do you mean by DRM but I don't think so as it's a normal image.

• Moderators

NightFury,

Fine. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Showing as an image.

It created with a list of names for example, and I want to find a specific name.

I don't know what do you mean by DRM but I don't think so as it's a normal image.

You are still not saying where the image is coming from, what created it?

DRM is Digital Rights Management, as in an ebook (pdf, epub file, etc), but also anything with copyright protection.

Spoiler

userbar.png

You are still not saying where the image is coming from, what created it?

DRM is Digital Rights Management, as in an ebook (pdf, epub file, etc), but also anything with copyright protection.

No, not pdf, etc..

Just normal image created by photshop or paint.

I think everyone is waiting for your explanation of this image you are trying to mess around with. ;)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ