Send() does not work with ActiveX control?

Hi,

I'm very new to AutoIt Scripting. I am trying to write a simple script to automate the username & password injection by using Send() to one of the bank web portal. Due to this portal has "Captcha", my expectation would be just to inject username & password into the field and leave the verification code in manual.

The code is simply like this and I was able to inject TESTUSER into username filed, but failed in password field, no value is filled. I am thinking it might have something to do with the ActiveX control as Activex needs to be installed for this web portal. And, this Activex control is prevent copy/paste from or to password field.

My question is, will Send() works if the field has ActiveX control that blocking keystrokes or copy/paste? Any idea?

Run ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe https://mybank1.icbc.com.cn/icbc/enperbank/index.jsp")

Sleep(8000)
Send("TESTUSER")
Sleep(3000)
Send("{Enter}")
Send ("PASSWORD123")

Run ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe https://mybank1.icbc.com.cn/icbc/enperbank/index.jsp")
Sleep(8000)
Send("TESTUSER")
Sleep(3000)
Send("{Enter}")
Send ("PASSWORD123")

My guess is that the field needs to be selected before the text will go in the field. Have you tried a mouseclick? Maybe try to send ("{TAB}"). If you can get to the control without the mouse then I cannot think of any reason that autoit wont be able to send data to it.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

In fact, hitting enter has a same effect like send ("{TAB}") in this web portal. Both send enter or tab will bring me to next field but without filling the keystrokes (PASSWORD123) as expected.

Ok, I had changed a bit of the script, by send ("{TAB}") instead of send ("{ENTER"}), still hitting the same problem, password field remains unfilled.

Winwait("ICBC New Generation of Internet Banking - Internet Explorer")
Sleep(5000)
Send("TESTUSER")
Sleep(1000)
Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(1000)
Send ("PASSWORD123")

As you can see, username field is auto-filled, TAB is sent to next field, and remains unfilled.

image.png

Sorry, your current version of Firefox cannot access ICBC Internet Banking. Download official version of Firefox (version 10.0-21.0 or under) if you wish to use ICBC Internet Banking.

What online bank uses a previous version of firefox?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

What online bank uses a previous version of firefox?

It said the same thing for the latest version of Chrome too. Go figure.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I cant get it to work. I tried to remote in with teamviewer and VNC and when I do the password does not send with my physical keyboard. The activex control must be monitoring the keyboard bus directly. Im out of ideas.

Everyone,

I work at a bank. Banks go out of their way to keep people from automating logins to portals. It is a security feature to keep maulware writers from stealing funds from people. I would not touch this idea of automating it with anything known to man. This is a bad idea all the way around. I ask everyone for safety sake - please do not automate this. The OP should manually login to the portal. Thank you.

Edited by Bert

Couldn't agree more. Avoiding security features is a very bad idea.

OTOH it is your money you lose.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks for everyone helping out anyway. I couldn't agree more from security perspective. I would just say there was a reason and justification my client wanted to do that. Well, it seems like no other way to inject a password with this security restriction.